New Equibase Format

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

madelyn

New Equibase Format

Postby madelyn » Mon May 14, 2018 5:08 am

Is anyone else frustrated by the new Equibase format when you look up a horse? The screen is brighter the print is bigger and there is a graph for the color chart fans out there but there is less info! No more speed rating, etc. I wonder if there is a way to get the old one back?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

Re: New Equibase Format

Postby Altanbarr » Mon May 14, 2018 7:24 am

Madelyn:

It does give the highest speed rating for each year below the big chart in the Stats folder. I like the earnings per start figure, which I don't think was available in the old format.

I agree the bar charts are a pretty useless waste of a lot of space.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon May 14, 2018 7:25 am

madelyn wrote:Is anyone else frustrated by the new Equibase format when you look up a horse? The screen is brighter the print is bigger and there is a graph for the color chart fans out there but there is less info! No more speed rating, etc. I wonder if there is a way to get the old one back?

Hi Madelyn,
I was wondering where the speed ratings were also when I first looked one up under the new format. I didn't see the speed ratings at first...but found them scrolling all the way to the bottom under the graph. There it shows the highest lifetime speed rating as well as the highest speed rating for each year raced. I do like the filter that can be applied which is in the same area the speed ratings are shown. It allows you to filter out/through dirt, turf, stakes, graded stakes races etc. from their lifetime performance....which actually changes the graph when using this filter. TJ
https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Resul ... y=T&rbt=TB

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue May 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks, I did find it. Perhaps the annual breakout on it will be more useful than the old format that only gave this year and career.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....