Hey Monicabee

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Hey Monicabee

Postby Denise » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:32 am

I saw they're off the lawn at Belmont today. When is Willfulness' next chance to run up there?
We're sweating Pimlico tomorrow. With the Maryland Million coming up in a week, they may not want to chance chopping up a boggy turf course either. If they do come off tomorrow, we're entering our filly up at Belmont again for the weekend, so I'll let you know. Her name's Withorwithoutyou.

monicabee
Allowance Winner

Postby monicabee » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:33 pm

Denise -

Hopefully the race will be written as an extra again soon - in Willy's condition there are so many horses that it would fill as fast as my unofficial rain gauge did yesterday... six inches of water in a straight-sided container. I am just happy there were no tornadoes here, although if I had travelled like Dorothy, I am sure the races in Emerald City are ALWAYS on the turf!

Good luck with Withorwithoutyou tomorrow (nice pedigree on her, too).

monicabee
Allowance Winner

Postby monicabee » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:34 pm

oops, I meant this weekend, not tomorrow.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

No turf for Withorwithoutyou at Pimlico today,Monicabee

Postby Denise » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:14 pm

Came off the grass yesterday, plus we didn't enter her for Belmont.
Someone called after they saw the entry in MD and asked if we'd consider selling her. They want to convert her to a jumper. They love With Approvals. So, the trainer came up to the farm and rode her today and was going back to consult with the owners.
We'll see.

monicabee
Allowance Winner

Postby monicabee » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:34 pm

I didn't know With Approval was prized as a sire of jumpers - I guess its the Caro connection. He might not be a bad broodmare sire, either.