TVG cuts some analysts

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

jrgators
Starters Handicap

Postby jrgators » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 am

I have never had Dish, so I've not watched HRTV ever. I love TVG, and one of the folks that doesn't mind Matt, and enjoyed the rest of the line up as well. Mr. B was good to listen to, and again I enjoyed the rest of the staff as well.

As one of the folks in Texas, we do get some coverage of SHRP on TVG, and I enjoy that a great deal.

I will miss Mr. B, because I like the morning line, and he was on it just about every morning.

I can't tell the management staff what they should do about staffing, but that's their business. I still love TVG!

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:55 am

Shammy wrote:

JMO, but HRTV's informational programming is a definite plus

Totally agree. Some really good features and well done.
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:18 pm

So, back to original question, who got the axe?

Worksoplad
Starters Handicap

Postby Worksoplad » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:22 am

Shammy Davis wrote:So, back to original question, who got the axe?

Well Frank Lyons is on today so obviously he did not get the axe.
"Who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, but he who destroys a good book kills reason itself." John Milton.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:36 pm

you beat me to it; Frank Lyons aka Cutie Pie, is on again today, so maybe they have a once in a while contract with him.

He can come and train our horses for me anyday..

Back on topic, I was thinking while watching TVG today that they must have let alot of production crew go and sound crew as well. They can't get what the announcers are talking about on the screen, and many races there is no sound. I don't seem to remember it being as bad before the big layoffs. Maybe, but that's my humble opinion.

We are finally getting UVerse, they have BOTH horse racing channels included in the big sports package for only 9 bucks extra a month! Can't beat that, esp. when you want to watch a race or something and the damned satellite goes out. ugh.
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: TVG cuts some analysts

Postby Joltman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:30 am

Caught a little of the Fox Sports show at Saratoga, and lo, a Frank Lyons sighting. The ole guy's back at it for a bit - but I don't know how long he's been doing a gig with them. I liked the show though, and insights by Migliore et. al

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.