Need advice on open Mare

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

wgc517
Allowance Winner

Postby wgc517 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 am

Not going to name her. Will leave it up to new owners when I sell her.

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Perhaps she'll win the Russian Oaks. A couple of E Dubai colts have been classic-placed there.

Not sure which of the sales the Russians patronize.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 am

Patuxet wrote:Not sure which of the sales the Russians patronize.

Keenland September

Usually signed in the name Raut (I think, buying agent)
Edited by Moderator

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:46 am

Could be a great runner like Fort Larned
http://www.pedigreequery.com/fort+larned

At 4:
Won Breeders' Cup Classic (G1,SA,10F), Whitney Invitational H. (G1,Sar,9f), Skip Away S. (G3,GP,9.5f), Prairie Meadows Cornhusker H. (G3,PrM,9f), Challenger S. (Tam,8.5f)
2nd Alysheba S. (G2,CD,8.5f)
3rd Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational S. (G1,Bel,10f)

$3,681,236

wgc517, She's a very nice filly by a nice Stallion out of a nice mare, the little green thing and it's partner are just jealous. :D

Jeff

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 am

http://i.bloodhorse.com/stallion-regist ... assion.pdf

Here's an interesting one RF to Cosmah and Almahmaud.

Bloodhorse shows him standing 2013 in Ky, and CTBA stallion directory shows him standing in CA for 2013.
http://issuu.com/californiathoroughbred ... 1?mode=a_p

wgc517
Allowance Winner

Postby wgc517 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Jeff,

That is a very interesting mating. I was planning on selling her or getting rid of her but since we are less than two months away from breeding season I might re-consider. With my luck Blakes Passion will be in CA.....

I love the RF on this hypo mating.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... lor=000000

wgc517
Allowance Winner

Postby wgc517 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Jeff,

I think the better play for me is to call the farm and see if they may be interested in the mare. I think she is a perfect fit for him. At this point I need to breed to something proven....

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

3x3 sex balanced linebreedimg to Danzig through 2 G-1 winning multiple graded stakes winning and placed individuals, very appealing.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 am

wgc517 wrote:Jeff,

I think the better play for me is to call the farm and see if they may be interested in the mare. I think she is a perfect fit for him. At this point I need to breed to something proven....

He's definitely in California: BLAKE’S PASSION, dkb/br., 2002, Saint Ballado—Lotka by Danzig. Daehling Ranch, 10045 Grant Line Road, Elk Grove, CA, 95624

I have seen Blake's Passion. He is very nice in person, they did have a picture of him that was not the greatest. You certainly won't have to worry about your mare being accepted. He has 4 current yearlings and 1 weanling.

I would also think they might negotiate on the stud fee. If you have a nice mare they should be doing cartwheels at the prospect. I don't believe he bred any mares last year although they did move him around a little bit.
He has a nice pedigree and was hurt so didnt race. I don't remember what the injury was but I think it was one of those confounding injuries to a good horse that you just want to kick yourself that he was hurt and didn't have a chance to run. If you like him I wouldn't let the fact he was injured get in the way. They certainly had high hopes for him as a 2 year old.

What might get in the way for you is that you wanted a proven sire, which he isn't.

Good luck to you.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Sons of Street Cry may be good fits for this mare. Street Cry's sire Machiavellian brings in Halo and an extra dose of Natalma, his broodmare sire Troy returns Fair Trial to Danzig, and he is going gangbusters with Danzig-line mares.

Both Street Hero and Street Magician are in the $5k and under range. Street Hero has one cross of Northern Dancer in the 4th generation and Street Magician is free of ND. Of the two I like Street Hero better, he had better racing class, has a better farm supporting him, and so far he's off to a reasonable start with a small crop of meh mares.

Ready's Image is a grandson of Southern Halo, fast, and has 2 SW in a small first crop (39 foals).

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Off work all week for Holiday break, maybe I'll drive down and take a look at Blake's Passsion.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 pm

That is a very interesting mating. I was planning on selling her or getting rid of her but since we are less than two months away from breeding season I might re-consider. With my luck Blakes Passion will be in CA.....

I love the RF on this hypo mating.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... lor=000000

Hi wgc,
I would take a look at Teuflesberg...the foal would carry the RF to Halo in the 5th gen. He's standing in NY and the stud fee is reasonable ($5,000) and his foals should have a new found interest considering his son Trinniberg won the BC sprint this season. TJ

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:45 am

Jeff wrote:Off work all week for Holiday break, maybe I'll drive down and take a look at Blake's Passsion.

Jeff,
Enjoy the drive. I believe the original poster lives in PA.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:59 am

docjocoy wrote:
Jeff wrote:Off work all week for Holiday break, maybe I'll drive down and take a look at Blake's Passsion.

Jeff,
Enjoy the drive. I believe the original poster lives in PA.

Thank you, I always enjoy driving south to visit the stud farms and look at prospects.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:09 pm

I bred to Tueflesburg his first year at stud when he was in KY and it was by far the best foal that mare ever produced. In my opinion you can't go wrong there. That foal, with all his problems that he later developed, ended up being OH stakes placed as a 2 year old, and I see only better things ahead for him. Best of luck with whatever you decide!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett