TB Colt Sold - Payments Stopped - Hidden in Kentucky

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 pm

murphysmom wrote:No such luck. She's just gone temporarily. She's a wealthy owner who has family in another country & other horses with different barn owners. This colt's name is "Gift Diamond". I've sent a pm to HP King for advice.

Hi Murph,
I did some research and have a couple questions for you. It's obvious you don't want to mention the buyers name, so are her initials CS. I found the horse she raced in trainer Erik's Posada's name. She also had a partner at that time who raced as recently as 9/27/13 at Calder. If this rings a bell, let me know and I will PM you more info. If not, good luck tracking down your horse. TJ

Supernova
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Supernova » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:54 pm

If the papers are in your name, the horse is yours. Hopefully you can find him.

ratherrapid
Grade II Winner

Postby ratherrapid » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Supernova wrote:If the papers are in your name, the horse is yours. Hopefully you can find him.

yup--that would be my take. transferring horses legally is same as transferring car. title is indicia of ownership. which makes it mystery why "buyer" would keep a horse with which she can do nothing. short of horse theft unfortunately since perrmission given to take horse. give us a report how this turns out, and best of luck! hoping your little horse is ok!

ratherrapid
Grade II Winner

Postby ratherrapid » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Supernova wrote:If the papers are in your name, the horse is yours. Hopefully you can find him.

yup--that would be my take. transferring horses legally is same as transferring car. title is indicia of ownership. which makes it mystery why "buyer" would keep a horse with which she can do nothing. short of horse theft unfortunately since perrmission given to take horse. give us a report how this turns out, and best of luck! hoping your little horse is ok!

murphysmom
2yo Maiden

Postby murphysmom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:06 am

I feel like I won the lottery with the information received from HPKing. Thanks everyone (especially the poster who suggested that I contact him!)

murphysmom
2yo Maiden

Postby murphysmom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 am

Sent you a pm, TJ.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:50 am

murphysmom wrote:Sent you a pm, TJ.

Hi Murph,
Yes, I think it's the same person, sent you a PM with the info. TJ