Modiste

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Modiste

Postby DDT » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 am

Toccet02

Modiste is entered today in the 4th at Belmont. She brings 2 bullet works to the race and I think she only has to beat Clement's horse, Well Blessed, to win this. Good luck to you and may she have a safe winning trip today.

DDT

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Ow, not a good run. Did she come out of it OK?
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Yes . . . Gary was surprised. he said he knew she was of a "questionable mental state" but never thought she'd try to kill herself and her jockey like that. Said she was completely out of control...as was evident. Most of the ride was an attempt not to clip heels. I saw the replay and my heart was in my throat. Next time I see "rank" in a chart or see a rank horse in a replay, I have a new level of awareness and sympathy!

They will try dirt again, get her to the lead, try to calm her down. Hey. at least she has speed.

I've visited her three times, and each time she was held very firmly by groom..like they're prepared for anything. She's not mean, just . . .distracted. She's almost like a puppy who can barely control itself when it knows it has to obey but wants a walk. You know? That crazy quiver.
When/if that settles down . . .?
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:38 am

Toccet02

If you look at the chart the caller wrote that she broke a little slowly, was head strong and checked several times, rushed up and pressed the winner until the bend. Because she was in tight early and wanted to run she more than likely expended a lot of energy fighting to get loose, all in all it was not a bad race. Her two most recent works gave the indication that she was ready to run, had she gotten the lead early it might have been a much better showing. She has talent, and she may need some gate work or a good gate jockey who will get her clear and running from the get go.

I thought I had a good chance to cash a ticket about the middle of the race, but her early trouble and antics may have taken a lot out of her. Keep the faith, I am confident she will make you smile.

DDT

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Her jock is probably very thankful he came out of that race in one piece.

I echo DDT's thoughts on the race. She looks like a very speedy filly. Shoot her out of the gate and see how far and fast she can go.

Though getting her head on straight might be helpful. LOL

Regards,
Shergar

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:51 pm

You bet on her? I'm so touched!
That IS the plan...get her out front. But she's gotta break fast.

----Arrested Development

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 am

Modiste races today for her new connections; trainer Joe Sharp, Fairgrounds race 1.
It will be interesting to see how she goes, as she's has over three months between races, a light work tab, and her last race was disinterest personified. The race before that was recklessness personified! :?: :?:

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 am

Hi Toccet,
Joe Sharp dropped her in for 12,500 and she's the morning line favorite. Seems he may have gotten her to relax a bit....she's going into the race off a series of easy 1/2 mile works. Here's the pp's. TJ
Click on Yes Way: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatc ... mmary.html

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:32 am

Ah TJ---I have missed you! Thanks as always. Love the "suspicious drop" . . . yeah, I could tell you a few things. :wink:

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 am

Toccet02 wrote:Ah TJ---I have missed you! Thanks as always. Love the "suspicious drop" . . . yeah, I could tell you a few things. :wink:

Hi Toccet,
I'm all ears:>) PM me if you get a chance. TJ

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:46 am

She ended up where she likes to be. 4th. :|

----Arrested Development