Horse Buzzers

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

madelyn

Horse Buzzers

Postby madelyn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Did anyone here watch the 6th race yesterday at Gulfstream? The 6 was in the lead well on and then maybe was flagging a bit, looked like he got buzzed good and bucked went into the rail and fell. I hope they fully investigated and maybe caught Saez with a buzzer. Those cheaters that abuse our runners need to be PUNISHED if that is the case.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Horse Buzzers

Postby mehile » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:14 am

I was watching, it happened so fast and of corse they don't replay things like that but it was definitely an odd and extreme reaction to something. I hope the horse was alright after it all.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:26 am

We all watched the replay closely on the monitors at Turfway - right before the tail goes up and the bucking starts you see the jock's hand go back and down onto the horse right by the seat of the saddle and then they cut off the replay. I watched it on twinspires. It is pretty obvious. I sure hope the horse was okay.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:25 pm

I just watched it. Pretty blatant. Any follow up?
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:41 am

I have not heard. Didiel Osorio got ruled off for TEN YEARS for being caught with one in his hand after he dismounted his ride at Indiana back in August I believe. But that is Indiana. They are so by the book it can be insufferable. But maybe all the jurisdictions should really be that way. I heard they caught a few riders one day at Keeneland with buzzers, and the valet who was passing them out yet nothing has surfaced. They were big name jocks.

This race was in Florida, yet again where money and names rule and the regulations seem to only apply to the little people. Insignificant folk like me who just raise and train and help flesh out some of the lower cards seem to be the kind that are held to the much higher standard.