Rachel is Back!

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Georgerz wrote:Let's not hijack the thread. There have been a few prior entries dealing with the surfaces, please post any concerns about that matter in those threads.

Hi G,
Truth is, any conversation about Rachel eventually gets to the racing surface, or we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with. If Jackson wasn't against running Rachel over the synthetic tracks (because of Curlin's debacle)these two would have met all ready. TJ

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:20 pm

hi TJ...hi Georgerz

TJ wrote: ... CEO Dennis Mills announced Thurday that they are looking into options to replace the the main track at Santa Anita...

Now that's recent (three days ago)...thanks for the update 8) .

TJ wrote: ... stating the last time they replaced the track they rushed it to accomodate the horseman's return from Del Mar.

It may have been rushed...but my understanding is that the Santa Anita surface has been quite good since, other than problematic drainage resulting from significant/torrential rainfall earlier this year.

TJ wrote: No decision has been made as to the type of track they will install, but it has been discussed with the CTT (California Thoroughbred Trainers) concerning the surfaces and will be presented by Stronach to the CHRB during their scheduled monthly meeting at Hollywood Park on June 22, so keep your antenna up for that one:>)

I am aware of the scheduled meeting, and do look forward to hearing how topics/matters unfold/are dealt with.

TJ wrote: Concerning my "Let's hope" comment....it has nothing to do with the type of surface. It has to do with having a single uniform racing surface (no matter which they use) that will bring west and east coast racing back together again. TJ

I just don't know if having a single uniform racing surface is in the realm of a realistic possibility. If you were voicing a recommendation (or two or three) for a single uniform racing surface though; what might it/they be?

Maybe a great debate will unfold, after all there are certainly proponents and opponents for each and every surface out there...whether it be the likes of the poly at Keeneland, the dirt at Belmont, the sand at Calder, the all weather at Hollywood Park etc etc etc etc.

TJ wrote:
Georgerz wrote:Let's not hijack the thread. There have been a few prior entries dealing with the surfaces, please post any concerns about that matter in those threads.
Hi G,
Truth is, any conversation about Rachel eventually gets to the racing surface, or we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with. If Jackson wasn't against running Rachel over the synthetic tracks (because of Curlin's debacle)these two would have met all ready. TJ

No hijacking intended; the thread covers much and has evolved :idea: (as TJ indicated).

Best.

Respectfully

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Per pfrsue:

"Stephen Foster: 24.50, 48.72, 1:12.63. Final time:1:49.37

Fleur de Lis: 23.93, 47.25, 1:11.16. Final time 1:48.78"

And Vanity: 24.05, 47.54, 1:11.91, final time 1.49.01

The PF is -51 for The Vanity.

Any idea what the Beyer figure is for this race?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:16 am

FOS wrote:hi TJ...hi Georgerz

TJ wrote: Concerning my "Let's hope" comment....it has nothing to do with the type of surface. It has to do with having a single uniform racing surface (no matter which they use) that will bring west and east coast racing back together again. TJ

I just don't know if having a single uniform racing surface is in the realm of a realistic possibility. If you were voicing a recommendation (or two or three) for a single uniform racing surface though; what might it/they be?

Maybe a great debate will unfold, after all there are certainly proponents and opponents for each and every surface out there...whether it be the likes of the poly at Keeneland, the dirt at Belmont, the sand at Calder, the all weather at Hollywood Park etc etc etc etc.

Best.

Respectfully

Hi FOS,
Any type of surface would be OK with me as long as it works as intended. Horseman need to be able to ship to these big events without worrying will my horse handle the track.....true that's always been a worry, but with synthetic tracks it's a bigger concern. I believe this very issue may be discussed in the upcoming meeting with Stronach. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Rachels will go to Saratoga as her connections plan her next start. TJ
http://drf.com/news/article/113886.html

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:06 am

Rachel worked a 1/2 this AM at CD, she went in 51.20 breezing over the fast strip. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:31 am

Rachel continues with her scheduled Monday works, she breezed 5/8ths in 1:03 flat over a sloppy oval at Churchill Downs this morning. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:16 am

Wednesday morning, Rachel settled into her old stall at Saratoga...right nearby the Oklahoma training track. I doubt NYRA will be happy with Jackson's decision to run her at Monmouth. TJ
http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stories/Jun302010.shtml

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:28 am

Rachel was out early for her first Monday morning spin at Saratoga. She worked 5/8ths over a fast Oklahoma training track in 1:01.30 handily. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:59 am

Rachel, once again made her scheduled Monday morning appearance. She worked 3/4's over a fast Saratoga training track in 1:12.45 handily, as she prepares for her next start at Monmouth Park on July 24th. TJ

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am

Are there any details on the entries for the race? Thanks.

UmmYeah
Starters Handicap

Postby UmmYeah » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

Georgerz wrote:Are there any details on the entries for the race? Thanks.

$400,000 Lady's Secret Stakes at Monmouth Park a week from Saturday.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 am

Georgerz wrote:Are there any details on the entries for the race? Thanks.

Hi Georgerz,
Nothing yet, the nominations for The Lady's Secret Stakes close Sat. July 17th. Entries will be taken Wed. July 21st. TJ

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:17 am

NT

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:07 pm

I read today an article on the possible entrants for the Lady's Secret, and the competition looks very weak. Rachel better wins this one by 20 lenghts.