why i will always be a horse racing fan first and foremost

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

bdw0617
Darley line

why i will always be a horse racing fan first and foremost

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:12 pm

the older i get the less i pay attention to "popular" sports. I love my razorbacks but outside of that i'm not a real big sports fan.

i tried to get myself pumped up for march madness. so i'm sitting there watching the syracuse / unc ashville game. 16 v 1 seed. the refs in the game, absolutely tore unc ashville a new one in that game. blatant rig job. march madness / ncaa tournament ha gotten so big and so money hungry they want to make sure their heavy hitters are protected so they can get high ranted sweet 16 / elite 8 games.

unc ashville (the 16 seed) they should have won that game. refs just making up calls out of thin air to protect Syracuse. i got so pissed off i went back to work. i can't nor will i watch something when I know what is going to happen. why take 2 days off work to watch teams get worked over by the refs?

thats' why i love horse racing. the horses, not refs, determine who is going to win. the best horse usually wins the race. that's something that no sport will ever be able to take away from horse racing.
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:31 pm

BDW, You need to be taken down by the stewards a little more often. The refs do take sides sometimes.

But you have a point. But for me the draw is that even with a minor investment in a partnership, you're in the game, not just a fan. It's much more intense, and a richer experience.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.