Alright, Fess Up. Who Had I'll Have Another?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

ratherrapid
Grade II Winner

Alright, Fess Up. Who Had I'll Have Another?

Postby ratherrapid » Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Anybodyof u experts put any $$$ on IHA????? BDW???? 8)

Zahrah
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Zahrah » Sat May 05, 2012 4:36 pm

$200 win bet on him, Alpha and Daddy Nose Best.

Returned $3260

ratherrapid
Grade II Winner

Postby ratherrapid » Sat May 05, 2012 4:39 pm

whoa...big fellow. :shock: Congrats!!!

bdw0617
Darley line

Re: Alright, Fess Up. Who Had I'll Have Another?

Postby bdw0617 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:43 pm

ratherrapid wrote:Anybodyof u experts put any $$$ on IHA????? BDW???? 8)
i wa sdown to creative cause and i'll have another and the post position swayed me to creative cause.
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:51 pm

that race (KY Derby) is a mess. There are just way too many horses in it. You can't see who your supposed to be rooting for, and the horse you think is yours turns out to be another one!

Nice looking horse that won, but I'll Have Another??? What the hell? Sure it means his wife's choc. chip cookies...LOL

Anyway congrats to anyone that had him.

I think half the field can be more Preakness horses and half be longer and/or turf horses. They just don't all belong smooshed together in one race where sooner or later there is going to be a horrible accident.
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

ratherrapid
Grade II Winner

Postby ratherrapid » Sat May 05, 2012 4:57 pm

bdw0617 wrote:
i wa sdown to creative cause and i'll have another and the post position swayed me to creative cause.

i had IHA all week and moved off him this morn :roll: :roll: :roll:

RuffianT21
Allowance Winner

Postby RuffianT21 » Sat May 05, 2012 5:02 pm

I had exactas bet on:

Bodemeister/I'll Have Another
I'll Have Another/Dullahan
Dullahan/I'll Have Another

guess which exacta i didn't have... :( :( :(

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat May 05, 2012 5:03 pm

erhrdt3 wrote:that race (KY Derby) is a mess. There are just way too many horses in it. You can't see who your supposed to be rooting for, and the horse you think is yours turns out to be another one!

Nice looking horse that won, but I'll Have Another??? What the hell? Sure it means his wife's choc. chip cookies...LOL

Anyway congrats to anyone that had him.

I think half the field can be more Preakness horses and half be longer and/or turf horses. They just don't all belong smooshed together in one race where sooner or later there is going to be a horrible accident.
rotfl i said the exact same thing. "i'll have another cookie" yeah right. maybe a chocolate flavored vodka they have.

- Einstein

ElPrado
Grade II Winner

Postby ElPrado » Sat May 05, 2012 5:13 pm

I had the boxed tri in one contest at TC.

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Sat May 05, 2012 6:10 pm

There was an interview with Doug O'Neil earlier during the televised Derby Prep show. When asked about the little attention I'LL HAVE ANOTHER was gettting, Doug said that if his name was Todd Pletcher or the his jockey was Calvin Borel, his horse would be getting more attention. Otherwise, he thought his horse had a good chance.

I'll say. What a surprise. MIND THAT BIRD quality KD.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Shammy Davis wrote:There was an interview with Doug O'Neil earlier during the televised Derby Prep show. When asked about the little attention I'LL HAVE ANOTHER was gettting, Doug said that if his name was Todd Pletcher or the his jockey was Calvin Borel, his horse would be getting more attention. Otherwise, he thought his horse had a good chance.

I'll say. What a surprise. MIND THAT BIRD quality KD.
I will say, I mean, i'm not per say red boarding because I liked him enough to consider him to be in my final two but i was seriously baffled at why no one took him seriously at all. the horse could flat out run.

I know for me I just couldn't stomach the jockey plus the gate position. one maybe, but not both. combined i had to go with creative cause and i would do so 10 out of 10 times. i mean but people had horses like alpha and gemologist and daddy nose best better than this horse and he ran a freak out race in the santa anita derby. he takes a wide trip in the SA derby and beats a grade 1 winner dead to rights in the SA derby and gemologist "showed grit" to bet a glorified allowance horse and yet Gemologist is half the price on the board. I mean take nothing away from Gemologist I am pretty sure that was him who ran 6th I think.. he ran well but, I mean, just from a respect perspective he got very little

- Einstein

Barbaro06
Grade I Winner

Postby Barbaro06 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:26 pm

My sister did, but did not put any money down on him. :(
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

Sailor Kenshin
Starters Handicap

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat May 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Not me. I 'got' the winner in race 5, though.
Somebody bet on the gray!

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:

Not me. I 'got' the winner in race 5, though.
that's a good bet there that's enough to at leat break even on the day he was a price. i went with mile high magic that race i figured baffert would not be shipping him out if he didn't fully intend to win the race plus i love silverbulletday

i kicked ass yesterday honestly. hit just about everything expect the oaks. had successful dan had silver max had wine princess and i had dancinginherdreams who i knew wasn't going to go off anywhere near 10 to 1 she's too good. yesterday was taking candy from a baby if you follow horse racing year round. the only race i lost besides the oaks that i wagered on yesteday was the race where plum pretty lost and even then i didnt' wager on plum pretty i had a feeling she was not being pointed to that race and she wasn't going to run her best

today was meh. lol i woke up late so i missed the first which i would have hit had i woke up on time. i had stay put in the 4th wrong answer lol. lost the 5th. had Chamberlin bridge in the turf sprint no soup for you lol. i didn't wager on the 7th as the 2 horses i liked were no value at all and one won.

the only race i hit all day long was hungry island but it was enough to basically break even for the day. lost the woodford reserve i had al kahil i knew i was taking a shot there. had CC in the derby.

- Einstein

Firebrand
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Firebrand » Sat May 05, 2012 7:20 pm

It was a good thing that I put a bet on I'll Have Another in the 1st Future Wager back in February, because I don't know if I would have placed a bet on him today or not. I thought there were several that were a little stronger than him, but so much of the Derby comes down to what type of trip the horse gets.