My post breeders cup thoughts

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

bdw0617
Darley line

My post breeders cup thoughts

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:30 pm

1. I want to stress the fact that I will not shed on tear if the breeders cup is never ran at Santa Anita ever again.

Throughout the regular year,, the track is quite handicappable. slight, slight, SLIGHT speed bias. Nothing crazy. Good horses win. Not on BC day

the classic race just illustrated how pointless it was today. Baffert, basically took his horse and played roller derby by knocking out his only real competition in the race, then running as fast as he possibly could becuase he knew no one would catch him

that wasn't eve the most screwed up race of the day however. The freaking sprint race the horse ran fractions that would have ran 99.9999% horses dead into the ground and you are able to hold off freaking secret circle a freaking illinois bred lol? are you shitting me?

2. Santa Anita ought to be ashamed of itself for now they handled the non DQ. That was absolutely a DQ.

3. There are really too many races. By about the turf sprint I kinda mailed it in until the classic. They should really go back to the one day format with just the main races.

4. MSnBC didn't even show the juvenile fillies race. Their coverage overall was shit they kep showing this shitty ass handicapping picking horses like he was some freaking expert or something why the hell do I want to keep listening to this loser throw out bombs running up the track lol? Why do they think I give 2 shits about the breeders cup handicapping challenge?

I don't even know why I bother playing the breeders cup at santa anita I've never turned a profit. The last 3 times the breeders cup was not in SA I've cleaned house I love when it's at churchill with the deep track. I even did well at monmouth. SAnta Anita is just impossible. I don't know what they do to the track but by the time the sprint race was ran I knew it was time to hang it up
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: My post breeders cup thoughts

Postby Georgerz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 pm

The worst race today in my opinion was the BC Classic. The winner should have been disqualified, as he took almost half the runners down in the first few yards, if not himself, by the chain reaction he started. According to the stewards, it is ok to substantially interfere with the other runners, practically knock them down, and still be awarded the win. What a horrible precedent.

Barbaro06
Grade I Winner

Postby Barbaro06 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:47 am

Didn't watch the BC this weekend...the bloom is off the rose for me with the races being held at the same track for the last couple of rounds. I think that shows the state of horse racing in this country. The way tracks are closing it won't be long before there won't be any place to hold a BC. Hell, here in Virginia we may never have racing again with the crap that went down regarding Colonial Downs.

I digress. I just watched the replay of the Classic and that was a joke with Bayern going all over the place and basically taking Shared Belief out of contention from the get-go. Any other race and the horse would have been taken down. The jockey should get some days for his shitty riding.
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:36 am

I actually think the Sprint winner is phenomenal. The only time the horse has run a "bad" race was his first start, where he ran 6th. Since then he has won everything, except two 2nd places. He's 10 for 10 on dirt. His speed figures are pretty solid. He just came out of nowhere, because we were too busy looking at the other horses.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:17 am

My thoughts:

1. If Texas Red is that good, how good are American Pharaoh and Calculator?

2. Thank goodness for Work All Week who saved my betting day.

3. City Zip had a good day.

4. Shared Belief is a very good horse, but the Classic was, by and large, formful. I think that these three year olds will constantly be trading places if they come back at four, and I hope they do.

5. California Chrome is a good horse, and might have won the whole thing if he had been on his third race after the layoff.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:25 am

I forgot

6. I wanted to cry after I watched the NBC coverage of the Classic and heard that NBC has signed to cover it for the next 10 years.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:07 pm

me too geo, but that's was going to happen. ESPN is deep in college football on saturdays tey weren't going to pick it up. fox sports one was the only other option really

if i were sherman i would point CC to the clark at churchill he is going to win the next race he runs in
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”

- Einstein

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:21 pm

I would also be seriously thinking about the Clark for California Chrome.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Both City Zip and Ghostzapper had good Breeders Cups. That mare has produced two very good stallions.

City Zip had Dayatthespa and Work All Week.
Ghostzapper had Judy The Beauty and Better Lucky run 1-2. And he had My Fiona in the Cal-bred stakes (race 3).

Sailor Kenshin
Starters Handicap

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:59 pm

bdw0617 wrote:1. I want to stress the fact that I will not shed on tear if the breeders cup is never ran at Santa Anita ever again.

Throughout the regular year,, the track is quite handicappable. slight, slight, SLIGHT speed bias. Nothing crazy. Good horses win. Not on BC day

the classic race just illustrated how pointless it was today. Baffert, basically took his horse and played roller derby by knocking out his only real competition in the race, then running as fast as he possibly could becuase he knew no one would catch him

Absurd.

Theyre horses, not cars. You can't control the first jump out of the gate. The horse ran fast? The horror. That's what they're supposed to do.

Don't blame a successful trainer if your ship didn't come in.

I was on CC and Toast, but clearly Bayern and Baffert deserved the win.
Somebody bet on the gray!

vallygirl927
Allowance Winner

Postby vallygirl927 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:11 pm

I was perfectly happy with this years Breeders Cup! I had Dayatthespa, Texas Red and Work All Week for the wins and the Work All Week/Secret Circle exacta. To top it off, I have a mare that is a half sister to Cosmo Girl (City Zip) in foal to City Zip selling at Keeneland next Friday. :D :D :D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 am

Dang, forgot all about Breeder's Cup. It's just been much too far away for far too long. They don't need my wagers. Looking forward to Keeneland BC next year, though. It just seems with the whole California ownership of the BC for the majority of the last decade it has been completely out of my wheelhouse. I haven't nominated a foal to the BC in probably five years.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

kezeli
Allowance Winner

Postby kezeli » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:47 am

Ok, so what happened to Vicars in trouble?? They never said, even though they said they would........

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 pm

condylar fracture, he had surgery

Moreno has reportedly come out with an ankle chip, will have surgery as well.