Charlestown on 4/6

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Charlestown on 4/6

Postby sulphurfire » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Mr Ping and Mr Pong (twins) are entered in the fourth race on this day. Both first time starters . I wonder if this has ever happened before. You are if twins do survive , but then to have both entered same race as first time starters , I can't recall an instance of. Can anybody? https://www.equibase.com/static/entry/CT040618USA-EQB.html they are in the 4th race
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

TJ
Darley line

Re: Charlestown on 4/6

Postby TJ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:22 am

Hi Sulphurfire,
Wow...a rare occurrence for sure. I personally can't recall a similar situation. The most famous twins I remember were the Elmendorf Farm breds' Stop on Red and her sister Go on Green. Both got to the races winning 7 races each. Stop on Red was remembered for producing the stakes placed Spectacular who was Spectacular Bid's dam. TJ

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Postby sulphurfire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Be kinda neat if they came in on an exacta.
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Postby sulphurfire » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:16 pm

they came in 5th and 6th