Motion Approved races Tuesday the 28th

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Motion Approved races Tuesday the 28th

Postby henthorn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:48 pm

His connections have placed him in another stakes race, the Governor's HCP, race 9 at Remington Park, worth $75,000. It's 1 1/16 mi on the dirt, and there are eleven runners, including several with higher weight than Motion, as he has not won a race since March this year. He's had several close seconds in stakes and allowance company.

He's number 7 and has his regular rider; post time is set for 10:06 pm CST. Maybe he'll pass his stakes test this time around.

Although I no longer own him, I still have his mama and three little sisters. Stage Center hopefully will start this winter at Oaklawn as a 3yo filly.
Last edited by henthorn on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocking H

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:32 am

Well even although you don't own him any longer I'm sure you still feel a proprietary interest. So good luck and I hope this is finally his time for a stakes.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:40 pm

GO MOTION APPROVED!!

I have Julie's Gem and while I've never even MET Lucy's Miss I was THRILLED to watch her run wire to wire a month or so back.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:42 am

Sorry, Madelyn, too cryptic for me. Did you drop in on the wrong post, maybe? I don't know Julie's Gem or the other filly. :oops:

Oh, I see. Julie's Gem is your mare, and Lucy's Miss is your "granddaughter". Just like Shake On It and Motion Approved.
Rocking H

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:15 pm

I didn't make it to the races tonight, but apparently didn't miss much. :? Motion was the longest shot on the board at 63.90 (no respect!) out of ten runners. He put in his usual stalker/closer performance and made up ground, but there were tough customers in the race from all over the US. He started in 7th place, dropped back to 12 1/2 lengths from the pace, then got within 5 1/2 of the lead before ending seven lengths out of it in sixth place. The Oklahoma champ Zee Oh Six even went off at long odds of 15:1 and finished eighth, seven lengths behind Motion, after chasing the pace. The favorite Hot Pursuit was even money and won by 1 1/2 lengths, with three closely trailing him, the fifth horse and Motion in the second flight, and the others strung out many lengths behind. And all the caption for Motion Approved states is "failed to menace". :roll:

He didn't pay his connections, but didn't embarass himself either. This was Remington's last night of the season, so there will be a long dry spell here before live racing ensues in OKC with the quarter horses, paints, and appaloosas in the spring.
Rocking H