New Pictures

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

madelyn

New Pictures

Postby madelyn » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:08 pm

This is my three year old Skip Away gelding, who has been in training about two months. Looks are deceiving, this exercise rider is over 6' tall. The trainer (in the blue clothing, holding the horse) is about 5'10". The horse is about 17h. His name is Here Be A Monster:

So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

tammysinnett
Starters Handicap

nice!

Postby tammysinnett » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:39 pm

good luck with him Madelyn.....was he named for his size :D You know what they say one white foot try em two white feet buy em...I think that is how it goes anyway I would buy him ......he looks wonderful.

emmad
Maiden Special Weight

Postby emmad » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:26 am

He's going to be really stunning when he strenghtens into himself. Not that he's not a looker now but ohh I think he'll be impressive later on. :) ood luck with him

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:35 am

Thanks. This horse was just a daddy-long-legs spider as a yearling, which I think is why no one wanted him at Fasig-Tipton October in '05. He looks like he should be clumsy but is as agile as a cat. He is finally filling out and his chest is developing.

I don't expect him to race for some time.. and even if he only wins once I will be happy. Someone from the board suggested the name, both due to the size (he was over 16h as a yearling) and then also the pedigree. Skip Away x Latin Discovery.. the old world maps where the known land was drawn and across the unknown was written "Here Be Monsters".. anyhow it suits him down to the ground. He is a bit of a Monster - but a lovable one.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 am

Wow, Madelyn. I loved Skippy, and can't wait to see your guy as a 5yo.! I'm guessing 12-14 panels would be the preferred distance with that body and rear engine?
I'm so happy to hear that someone else waited with a big baby. It's a rare thing in our world. Best of luck with him. :D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks.. yes it is rare.. I see so many gangly two year olds get broken down. It's so silly. What does it really cost for them to knock around the farm for an extra year?

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:31 pm

I'm so glad you're not rushing him, on talking to Roguelet about A.P. Indy line horses, I'm quite sure that's what happened to injure my horse Gear It Up.

Roguelet says they don't even start training their Indy Moods until they're three, although there is a difference from Here Be A Monster in that supposedly there is a big growth spurt in the Indy Moods in the third year.

Although I'm still waiting for Gear It Up to arrive, I'm going to take conformation pictures and send them to Roguelet to see if we might be dealing with the same physical type, and then hopefully clues from Rogue and yourself can help in allowing G. Up to properly grow into himself without further injury, as well as developing strong bones.

I hope Here Be A Monster is successful when you decide he is ready to race, because my naive hope is that the more people who wait and win, the more people who will take notice.

Btw. I love those maps that say 'Here Be Monsters'.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:36 am

Madelyn, I suppose he will turn in a , a juici gras (turf) monster on large europe tracks IF he ever gets the change.
Thanks you are giving him time to develop

francesca
Allowance Winner

Postby francesca » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:34 pm

I like Skip and the Damascus line horses. He will be big and handsome.

RuffianT21
Allowance Winner

Postby RuffianT21 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:32 pm

I LOVE his name and the reasoning behind it! Best of luck with him!

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

Postby imnumberjuan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 pm

You sure there isn't a giraffe back in the pedigree somewhere?
Gotta keep on Keepin on - Joe Dirt