The Grey Ghost Handicap, Halloween night at the BigM

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

The Grey Ghost Handicap, Halloween night at the BigM

Postby Denise » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:05 pm

My Son Spider, fresh off the MD Million, will tackle 11 others of his color in this annual fright night romp on the lawn. Race 4. Turf should be nice and irrigated after all the weather that parked over the midAtlantic this week... :shock:
And I will have a very special hat for this one. :P

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Everytime I see his name I think it would be so funny if his sires name was Peter Parker!!! Good luck to you and MSS!! Will he perhaps have some black & orange ties in his mane?? :wink:
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 am

Who knows how they'll adorn him? :D He's a handsome fella even without any ribbons.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:01 am

Oh good luck Spider! I think "grey" races are great! Of course they confuse the folks who always "bet on the grey."
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:32 am

madelyn wrote:Oh good luck Spider! I think "grey" races are great! Of course they confuse the folks who always "bet on the grey."

Ahem. That would be me. :lol: It's my worst nightmare and playing every horse to show gets pricey... :D

BridledObsession
Allowance Winner

Postby BridledObsession » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:02 am

Very funny......I didn't know "betting on the grey" was a common thing....I thought only I was prone to do that!! :lol:

Coincidentally, we were sitting at the track last night waiting for a friend's race to start. I happened to look up just as a race was starting at Delta Down's (I think -- there's too many screens :oops: ). This extremely light grey was on the very outside. The jockey took him out even further. I was totally sucked into the race because that darn grey fought to get in front and then held it until just about the very end when he was just worn out. Even when he was worn out, he gave a second effort when he was finally passed. He came in third. :( Wish I could remember his name......what a nice horse. I do love a nice grey. :wink:

Anyway, Denise........good luck and I LOVE his name. Perfect for a Halloween race!

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:50 pm

you could bet on the darkest gray--they're pretty rare!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

BridledObsession
Allowance Winner

Postby BridledObsession » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:14 pm

Toccet02 wrote:you could bet on the darkest gray--they're pretty rare!

Really? I'm actually new to paying attention to greys. We just came across one completely by chance and bought him. He's pretty darn dark. I'll get a good picture of him soon and post it and you can tell me what you think regarding his color. I find that I'm a fan of grey now:) He's also a sweet, athletic, goofball, which helps!

It's been funny though.....we got him to rehab and race because he has some talent. But, ever since we brought him to the barn everyone's been trying to talk us into re-training him to show/jump and sell him on dreamhorse.com. :lol: We're not ready just yet! He moves beautifully though and I'll bet all tacked up he'll be a real head turner in the show ring. :wink:

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:32 pm

Toccet02 wrote:you could bet on the darkest gray--they're pretty rare!

Spidey's a nice charcoal dappled silver for now, but he does have a silly clown face and some serious white behind the ears, if that counts. :D