Ghost Hunt SOLD 5-06-08

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Ghost Hunt SOLD 5-06-08

Postby henthorn » Sat May 03, 2008 8:41 am

Ghost Hunt is now scheduled to race May 5th at about 5:17pm CDT at Prairie Meadows, IA. He is in PP6 of seven 3, 4, and 5 yr old maidens at a claiming price of $12,500 at 5 1/2 furlongs dirt. Alex Birzer is up. This is the home-bred gelding's third try. His first result at Oaklawn was fourth, running greenly. His most recent race opening day at Prairie was in the slop at night and he hated it. Hopefully this lower price daytime race on a less "off" track will be the right condition for him.

Wish us well. I haven't received a win purse for several years, since I stopped buying juveniles and ready racers, and started breeding my own.

At the training center here in Oklahoma, 3yo filly Slarlight Bay, and 2yo's Dreams on the Wind and Island Flair are all getting prepped for summer racing.
Last edited by henthorn on Tue May 06, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocking H

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat May 03, 2008 8:49 am

Good Luck Ghost Hunt!!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Sat May 03, 2008 11:30 am

Go get 'em!! Best of luck to you :)
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

larrygene
Grade III Winner

Postby larrygene » Mon May 05, 2008 5:51 am

Hope you run a big race!! Will try to watch the race this evening.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm

He raced poorly today and managed to maintain 4th place. He walked out of the gate, then hurried to threaten the leaders. Then his air was cut off and he lost ground. He has been scoped already and now has a totally paralyzed flapper on one side. It took him a long time to catch his breath after the stress of the race.

Now he gets a rest, and consideration of a tie-back surgery when he returns home. Anyone interested in a pretty gray gelding? :?
Rocking H

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Tue May 06, 2008 4:42 pm

I decided to let Ghost Hunt move on to other pursuits, since his physical and training problems are becoming more extensive. He was sold today as an off-the-track rehabilitation candidate, likely to become a show horse. Sorry I don't have any recent photos, but I understand he's developing into a grand gelding.
Rocking H

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu May 08, 2008 9:46 am

I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps he is destined for great things once he begins his new career. Will you be keeping in touch with his new owners or do you have any interest?
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"