Miss Punctuality

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

madelyn

Miss Punctuality

Postby madelyn » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:22 am

This filly is my very first homebred. She is finally working strongly (as a two year old) and preparing for her first race after a trainer switch, among other things. She's never had problems really, just needed a change, I think. Here she is as a yearling:
And here she is last Wednesday in a work in company where she got strong (trainer called it the "light going on") - she is the one in front:
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:10 am

What track will she be running at? Who is trainer? Why the trainer switch?

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:21 am

Wow, she's lovely.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:40 am

We think she will be ready to start when Turfway opens at the end of this month. We switched her into Joe Woodard's barn, because I had the OPPORTUNITY to do that in July. He has been at the game much longer and is much more organized. I liked the previous trainer but I felt the horses got haphazard training.

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:19 am

Is she the one by Silver Deputy? None theless, looking good! What's her name?

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:44 am

What a nice shoulder on her, Madelyn! And it's clear from the workout picture, her rump is developing well, too, to match the front. :D
Is she training at Turfway or somewhere else? I was just wondering if she's been working over the artificial surface and if that's helping her develop that nice hind end.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:05 pm

Her name is Miss Punctuality, and she is actually by a horse named Bad Boy Atta, who was trained by Joe Woodard. BBA could have been a GREAT horse but his tendons had bowed twice before Joe got him.

She is at High Pointe Training Center in L'Esprit. They have 1/4 mile indoor track, with a synthetic surface, Eurocisers, and a big outdoor dirt track with a rise in it (I love seeing them power up that little hill). I think her development is just good old fashioned time and regular, daily, build up work. Turfway Park has gone through some real battles with their Polytrack. Their maintenance folk seem to have disregarded the polytrack maintenance recommendations, and have alternately tried to "correct" the surface by adding truckloads of rubber, which was followed by countless soft tissue injuries, raked it like dirt, etc. So they added truckloads of sand. They persist in trying to treat it like dirt. I don't recommend Turfway Park right now as a safe surface to develop young horses on. I wonder if the track would not have been better off if they replaced the maintenance crew when they replaced the surface.