Tevez.

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:26 am

great news ..keep it up..
onalimb

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 am

Congrats wilf

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 pm

It's ironic but I knew that my horse's would start to fire as soon as they CUT THE PRIZEMONEY BY 10%. HAhaHAha!!!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Well there IS that, but you are cashing checks!!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Well done - a win, second and a third in your last three starts! Congratulations, and may the streak continue. ;)
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:33 am

Super nice second last night by Tevez, after getting stopped twice. Its hard to have a closer on the lawn here at Mnr but Tevez did a bang up job, well done!
Jessi P

330 383 1281

[email protected]

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:15 am

Tevez did well! And kept his condition.. did you explain about the distance before the race :lol: ?

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:38 am

Travelled to Presque Isle last night with his former paddock buddy Peanut Express as both were in on the Tapeta surface for different reasons. Tevvy was in for $25,000 nw 3 because if he ran 1,2,3or 4th then he would be eligible to race on the turf at Tampa during the winter after having a well earned break. He finished a very respectable 4th and now may or may not run one more time before heading south to a grass paddock,we shall see. Peanut was in a maiden race up there as she has been struggling on the awful Mountaineer surface which is usually dry ,deep and cuppy with a hard base. This compromises her dropped pevis conformation and any change must be one for the better. She moves well in the slop and I was hoping for a good showing as she is a willing filly. At odds of 31/1 she made a huge move from the back to split horses and finally close strongly up the rail to just miss second ,only beaten by the two favourites. Unfortunately the meet closes in 10 days and another start going long seems an outside chance. She will not run at Mountaineer again unless the forecast is for wet and fast conditions. Then she may travel with Tevvy down south and spend awhile mending from this years work. Next year could be promising for her and Tevvy on the Presque Isle and /or turf circuit. Amazon Run still has not trained since his win a month ago as his eye is very slow to heal. I need a midday nap as it was a long day into the night yesterday. All the best.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Saw your race

Postby Denise » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:54 am

Wilf,
I actually watched this one because of another horse in there whom I follow in my VS, Kayaker, who unfortunately dropped back and stopped. It was a mystery because before last night, he'd never run a bad race. Who knows?
I recognized Tevez, but couldn't remember from where, then I saw your post. I thought your horse ran credibly, just got hung wide late.
While turf horses have shown foot on the all weather surfaces, it's not an automatic. With turfers in our barn, it's a long ship to gamble that they'll instantly transform their turf feet to Tapeta, but at some point, we may have to. The turf season is over at Penn, and only alive for a few more weeks at the PHA. Hard to take your grass PA breds out of state because you leave a lot on the table.
Good luck with Tev and Peanut headed south!

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Well Tevez arrived at his Florida home today and spent the afternoon lying in the warm sandpit at the corner of the paddock healing his body after a busy season up north. Ironically Peanut spent the afternoon in the recovery room of an Equine Specialty Surgery Facility in Ohio after knee surgery. Oh well she will get her days in the sun soon enough.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:47 pm

OK it's almost April and we are now only living on dreams for Tevez and his stablemates after a holiday in Florida. The winter money is all but gone except for the shipper's allowance to get us back into action up north. The bad weather is almost over I hope and perhaps my 4 legged friends will reward me for not crucifying them all winter in atrocious conditions on awful racetrack surfaces. Onwards and upwards ,let the games begin and we shall keep you all posted from the logbook of cheap horses trying to outrun their pedigrees . It may not be from Saratoga or Monmouth but these creatures are my life and I will sink or swim with them. Vamonos Muchachos!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Blog On Wilf, looking forward to seeing Tevez in my drf watch again. How does he look?

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:54 pm

Yeah Wilf! So I see you mention turf campaign, Colonial perhaps ? Or are you nestling in up in mountains again???
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Aha Spex, there you are again, I will try the Presque Isle Tapeta and the turf at Mountaineer which actually has a decent selection of races for all comers on grass I feel. However I may just show up overnight at Colonial if I can get a couple in at the same time to make the long trip worthwhile. It all sounds great on paper but the shipping around last year did tire me out on occasion. As for Tevez Diane , he looks like a rent pony at summer camp ,especially now as his coat is slowly coming through. He is not athletic or a great mover but he is a pleasure to train and ship and be around which counts for plenty with me. I have a couple of others that drive me nuts that can run a little so I guess we have to take the rough with the smooth . I am actually leaving two behind for a couple of months extra sunshine and grass as they will only benefit from it in the long run.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:12 am

Yay wilf. "On the road again." Where are you going to be based?