Nederlandse boven!

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

parlo
Grade I Winner

Nederlandse boven!

Postby parlo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Today was the final fixture of the season at Cologne-race-track (GER) and in the 10th and last race of the card, the 3yo filliy Victoria S from the Netherlands broke her maiden in a handicap-race.

Our dear friend Ben is co-owner of this filly. He attended the race and was very happy to see her win.

The filly is a bit delicate, so she should enter the stalls as last horse and should not run on the inside of the field of 12 horses. Young lady-rider Stefanie Hofer, who rode the filly for the first time, raced her strictly to orders, chased the field till half-way of the straight to the post, overcame a critical moment, when a gap before her seemed to close, broke through and won the race as the speediest horse in the final furlong.

Of course, "we" were very happy, even more because I haven't met Ben since almost 2 years and was looking forward seeing him again.

Best wishes for the future of the filly and her onwers!

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Thanks for letting us know about Ben's filly

Postby Denise » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Parlo, what great news for Ben! I'm sure he's still celebrating which is why we haven't heard from him yet. :D I've never been to the races in Germany, but would love to do so in the future.
Ausgezeichnet!

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Parlo - Great news for Ben and Victoria S - thanks for updating the forum on this accomplishment. Outstanding that he has a young stakes winner in this filly and terrific that you could be there to reconnect under such auspicious circumstances.

Ben - FIREWORKS for sure!

parlo
Grade I Winner

Re: Thanks for letting us know about Ben's filly

Postby parlo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Denise wrote:... I'm sure he's still celebrating which is why we haven't heard from him yet. :D !

Sorry that I must disappoint you! :lol: :wink: The race was run at 6.25 pm during the last daylight. Ben and his partner in Victoria S had to do a 3 hours-journey back home (he must traverse the "little" Netherlands almost completely), so unfortunately there was not much time for a "big celebration" and of course no alcoholics.

For me, it was just 1 hour back home, so I was lucky to write this posting before Ben's arrival at his home.

Racing in Germany and especially at Cologne is quite nice - although off course not as splendid as racing at Newmarket or Longchamp or other major tracks in the "great" European tb-countries! Ask @Patuxet from the US, who attended a fixture over here 2 1/2 years ago, when we met each other.

Perhaps there is an opportunity for you to come over to GER in the years to come - if there still will be tb-racing in GER, which is a little doubtful.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Parlo, thanks an awfull lot, only there were 16 in the field and the track was yielding so the little thing must have been flying the final part from the 7 furlongs

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Congrats, Ben!!!! Hope to hear more winning updates on her!!

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Yaaay! May she bring many more trips to the winner's circle Ben.
Nu

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:07 am

Well done Ben,it's always nice to win wherever you race. What is the story behind this filly? Can you send the pedigree?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:48 am

Good for you Ben!!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:36 am

I think she might be much better at an dry sand track, she is having very good feet.

For a Ped, which is very much clouded by sinister sires and dams.

Look at p.q. Victoria S (HOL).

However there is a gr winner in the offspring from her second dam,this is a full to her dam.

The gr winner was Risky by Risk Me. ( Risk Me was a good racehorse winning several gr races in France).

She is bred on a number off lines gooiing back to owen tudor.
She is having some influence from Hyperion but futher away.

She is a small, delicated filly with an big engine. Not a trustworthy type b.t.w.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:26 am

The trainer wants her to run next sunday in Hannover (germany) 7 furlongs with a penalty from 9pnds after her win last week.

Stepping up a little bit in class.

For me (Hannover) is far away. 260 miles up and down so watching it at the video probably

parlo
Grade I Winner

Postby parlo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:54 am

She did it again - just won at Hannover!

Congratulations and best wishes!

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 am

She won it easier than the first time.

She was earlier on the outside from the field and took it up during the race.

I think the handicapper will lift the weight at least another 6-8pds.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:24 am

Well Ben it looks like you've got a consistent horse!!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

parlo
Grade I Winner

Postby parlo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:38 am

BenB wrote:... I think the handicapper will lift the weight at least another 6-8pds.

He gave her 5 kg for the win at Cologne and that could not stop her :D - so it could be another 5 kg (11 lbs) up. :oops: