AJ Suited/JPR Stable

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Mon May 31, 2010 5:08 am

Good luck. G1 is as good as it gets.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks everyone!

Belmont day is going to be huge for us as we have Wonder Beyond in the 3rd race, Cherokee Speed in the 5th, and obviously Much Rejoicing in the Acorn. All three have good posts and I'm thrilled with the 8 spot for Much Rejoicing so she can react to what's going on to her inside. She does have tremendous tactical speed, so I think she should get a good trip...the real question is going to be how good she is. We'll find out in a couple of days I suppose.

Best of luck to all in their Belmont day handicapping and hopefully we can hit at a price for anyone who might be reading this!

Des
Allowance Winner

Postby Des » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Congrats on Doo Woppa Doo, I was at work and could not get to cash in on her. Hope the streak continues

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks, Des! I don't like to mention horses when we drop 'em in for a tag since we were hoping to win a race and get her starter eligible (mission accomplished!), or I would've mentioned it here earlier. I had a feeling you might catch this one though since you've been pretty much on top of Jim's horses all throughout. I think he's now 7-3-1-1 at Belmont, so he's a good bet right now...hopefully we can keep it going a few more days!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Not exactly how we drew it up today for Much Rejoicing (or really any of the three for that matter). She absolutely hated the surface, which was very deep all day, and being on the smaller side she didn't get through it at all. Considering how she skipped over the poly, she might have a date with a firm turf try or another trip to a racetrack with the fake stuff. I think Belmont dirt is no longer a consideration though.

She came back sound and scoped clean though, so should be back ready to run in the not too distant future.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:03 am

I'm glad to hear Much Rejoicing came back in good shape. Best of luck with her going forward!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks, LB...she's gonna have a breeze on the grass next weekend and that'll be a big part of determining the next step for her.

For those interested in the two year olds, Empiricist and Sunlight Sonata, both are scheduled to breeze tomorrow. For Empiricist, it's his first 3/8ths (and first published work), and it'll probably be a pretty easy work. Sunlight Sonata has been geared up though with two top 3 works in 36 and change, so she's going out of the gate and hopefully will run in next few weeks. Empiricist is pointed to Saratoga.

After the disappointment of Saturday it's nice to have a reminder of what's ahead as well!

Des
Allowance Winner

Postby Des » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:20 am

justinnich - I expect Much Rejoicing to do very well on the grass, she is from a very good Darby Dan line. I really expect her to excel. Hope the two youngsters do well on thier work, I will look for them.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks Des, we're looking forward to seeing her switch surfaces as well...she moves so well over a tighter surface like she did at Keeneland rather than the deep, sandy Belmont dirt, so I'd imagine with all the dried-out turf courses around the northeast right now, she should fare pretty well.

You probably saw Jim had another winner today at Belmont...he's getting on quite a roll. We have one in the 7th tomorrow, Amirahy, who looks like she'll probably be a top 3 choice at post. She should have a decent chance to keep the barn streaking.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:37 pm

After another win for Zifzaf on Friday, we now have Doo Woppa Do entered in the 7th on Weds at Belmont, and Sunlight Sonata (2yo filly) entered in the 2nd race on Thursday. DWD may be in a bit over her head in her first race against winners, though she's certainly improving with every day it seems, but Sunlight Sonata has worked very very well. If she can overcome the 1 post, she should definitely be a factor.

I'm just hoping we can build some momentum heading into Saratoga

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am

Just wanted to mention that we have Sunlight Sonata, our 2yo UBS filly entered for tomorrow's 4th at Belmont. She is morning line second choice and has been working great, so we are really hoping for the best! On pedigree she might even like the off track that seems likely :-)

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:37 pm

good luck
onalimb

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks Onalimb! She ended up finishing 4th, but got a good education and probably with a little better surface and some more ground she should improve. On to Saratoga!

rumple
Weanling

Postby rumple » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:56 am

Puzzled by JR's ride on Cherokee Speed yesterday, should be stalking yet hes takes him to the back of the pack? He had no chance once that happened. Hope your horse came out of it healthy regardless.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey Rumple, we found out after the race that the starter was worried about the horse next to us and didn't get our horse straightened out when the gate opened. Johnny said he'd been yelling at the guy to get our horse squared away, but he never did, and before he ever got in stride he was pretty much shuffled back to last. I don't think anyone was going to make much ground in the stretch there coming home in 23 and change. This poor horse has had just about everything go wrong, but he picks up a lot of checks and if he breaks this condition he'll have had a pretty good year actually.

We're looking forward to Sunday now, though, with Zifzaf in the Fourstardave. He'll probably be the longest shot on the board, but he's won 3 straight (two of those since we bought him) and the fact is we have no idea where the bottom of him is. We'll learn something this weekend.