AJ Suited/JPR Stable

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

AJ Suited/JPR Stable

Postby justinnich » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 am

I'm just putting our news into one thread so I don't start taking up far too much of this forum with our clutter! Our racing operation is the largest it's ever been, so I figure condensing is a good thing.

Anyway, we have Amirahy going in the 7th at Belmont on Wednesday and Zifzaf in the 7th at Belmont Friday. The former was a 25k 2yo purchase in a race where I calculated the average acquisition price is around 220k. She may be out-pedigreed but I think she'll compete well. Zifzaf is running for the first time for us, so who knows what'll happen. He's trained lights out though.

Our filly, Much Rejoicing, keeps getting form boosts with Dynazaper and Buckleupbuttercup becoming stakes winners in recent days, and Bialy and others from her first race winning as well...I hope she's as good as we think she might be!

Also, our 2 year olds Empiricist (Empire Maker x La Gueriere) and Sunlight Sonata (Unbridled's Song x Storm Away) have joined the stable in NY. The former has done everything right and will be aimed for Saratoga while the latter has been very forward and hopefully will run in the next month or so.

I'll continue to post updates here for those who are interested and hopefully this thread will have some good news in it from time to time!

Justin

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon May 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Empiricist out of La Guerriere, half sister to Al Mamoon, Lost Soldier ; out of a half to the great Allez France. Give me a break will you, I have to go and feed my plodders in an hour. The only solace that I get is that I visited La Guerriere in her pasture long ago and stayed once at the farm in Argentina where Lord At War was born and raised . It is a powerful feeling to be in the vicinity of equine greatness. If Empiricist is anywhere close to the class of his/her ancestors then you are in for a wild ride. Drive on!!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Wed May 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Wilf, I'm also hoping he lives up to everything his female family suggests he could be. If he can fulfill his potential, who knows what we may have!

Amirahy finished a very gutsy third today after having to battle her way through traffic, but check out the end of this race. The winner shot to the outside right at the wire when the jock hit her from the opposite side. I don't think I've ever seen a reaction this strong right at the wire itself.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... 5/7/race-7

Des
Allowance Winner

Postby Des » Fri May 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Congrats on Zifzaf.. He ran the lights out too

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks Des! Across the 4 of us who bet him we won more than they had on hand in the dining room so they had to get more cash. Nice feeling to win with the longest shot on the board :-)

He also just paid for his purchase price plus a little in 3 months haha

Hope you (or anyone else here) had a few bucks on him!

Des
Allowance Winner

Postby Des » Mon May 10, 2010 7:47 am

justinnich......There was an old saying that goes "When EF Hutton speaks everyone listens" well I did and also I'm a big Jimmy Toner Fan....Congrats again and thanks...I'll be looking for the maidens

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Mon May 10, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm glad for the most part my tips have been pretty good since it means we're doing well...and since I don't wanna go jinxing that, I'll say that we have one running this Friday who could well be at least 50-1 and I have absolutely no idea how it's gonna turn out. Her name is Doo Woppa Do and she's entered in the 4th on Friday at Belmont. It's a mile and three eighths race, which is hard enough to find, but I think it fits her pedigree, her build, and her style of running. She ran the best race of her career in her first race for us last time out (which happened to be her first route on the grass...a mile at gulfstream). The problem is that this time she has to run against the boys. We are entering her, more than anything, as a test to see if we're right about the distance being a help for her, and hopefully we'll find out she loves it and that a lot of these others who haven't tried it yet end up not liking it as much.

I think we can call this one a proverbial shot in the dark, but hey, who knows?

Justin

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Swing and a miss with the filly today, but I think we've got a much more live one tomorrow. Wonder Beyond in the 2nd at Belmont. In his first race, he ran on halloween and the starters were all in costumes...when the gate opened he was still staring at the prison inmate standing next to him! He closed well that day, so I think he should have a real shot tomorrow.

Hopefully we can do a little more damage.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri May 14, 2010 3:17 pm

"Staring at the Prison Inmate", that's one for the books. I am sorry but it's so funny and just when you thought that you had covered all the bases.

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Best of luck tomorrow......still drooling over the pedigree of Empiricist!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Sun May 16, 2010 6:03 am

Well, after sitting in 4th most of the way behind fractions of 26 and change, 51 and change, etc. there was no way to close and overtake anyone. The same 4 horses went all the way around, and we ended up losing a head bob for third.

Thursday the 20th, we have Cherokee Speed in the 6th at Belmont. Desperately need to get him a win to get past his n1x condition but he always seems to run into a monster. Hopefully this one will break the pattern!

Des
Allowance Winner

Postby Des » Sun May 23, 2010 8:00 am

Your horse shook loose late, but I actually loved the winner...I've been watching him since his debut at Gulf he is a really nice horse from one of my favorite family of horses on the dams side

Thanks to your trainer on Frday he closed up a nice pick 3 for me with Mesa Fresca ................... GO JIMMY T....

I actually thouht he was going to win two races but the alst one got scratched..

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Tue May 25, 2010 10:39 am

Des, glad you cashed in on that one too! I had a nice WPS bet on her myself, so it was nice to see for all kinds of reasons, haha.

Jim's having a very good year so far...4 wins by mid-May for an operation of his size is pretty solid, and he's been ITM a whole lot. I think at Belmont, he's 2 wins from 6 starts with a second, a third, and a fourth (missed third by a nose), and one further back. That's a pretty good start to the meet, and fortunately for us when he's doing well, we're doing well.

The big focus now is getting to Belmont day as we are eager and ready to send out Much Rejoicing for her first big class test in the Acorn. Counting down the days now since we're inside two weeks!

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Sun May 30, 2010 7:22 am

Much Rejoicing just had her final breeze before the Acorn going pretty easily in 1:01.1, and I think she's ready to go. Just six more days :-)

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sun May 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Best of luck and safe trip! I hope she earns you some serious blacktype. :D