Hi everyone

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Hi everyone

Postby Denise » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:40 pm

I've been remiss in checking in, so I finally have a chance to say hello again! Hope all your charges are doing well, and you've had many win photos!
We're now at two runners with our homebred string: Brother Sy, who's a solid 3 other than type on the lawn (notched a nice win at Pimlico to start his '10 season), and his 3yo. half sister, Pebble to a Pearl, who broke her maiden in an off the turf (or should I say, in the peanut butter?) event at Penn National earlier this month. She is entered this Friday in a 2L amateur riders' race at Philly Park, so we're finally going to get a chance to see how she takes to the weeds, like the rest of the family.
:wink:
The yearling Rimrod filly, "Reds" has joined these two at the training farm.
More to come in '12 for this one.
Be well, everybody!

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:10 pm

best of luck with them... keep us posted!

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:22 am

Glad to hear...
onalimb

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Pearly joins the sibs liking the lawn

Postby Denise » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Despite an impost of 138 pounds, Pearl did win her first start on the weeds (no giggling, those of you who know the turf course at the PHA :P.) Gotta love those 'non-pro' rider races. We were lucky enough to get Paul Power, one of Ireland's leading steeplechase amateur jocks, in the irons. He gave her a great trip and, as we suspected, confirmed she is indeed a grass horse just like the rest. As usual, she strolled out of the gate, but laid closer to the pace and came on at the end.
Good time had by all. :D

jagger
Grade III Winner

Pearl

Postby jagger » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Congrats to you and Pearl!!! Pretty exciting, I'm sure. Did you get a video? How was the winner's cirlce? I want more details!!!!

Might be sending you a baby in a few years. Will most likely be taking our mare, Rage for Fame, to either Quiet American or Mineshaft next year.

Gotta love " the weeds". Horses just look SO much better running on something green....don't you think?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:45 am

Great news! Way to Go Pearl!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

merse
Allowance Winner

Postby merse » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Congratulations!!!

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Hello again, catching up

Postby Denise » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:29 am

Hey everyone, I've been swamped with business travel lately, so just checking in again when I have a breather. Our Pebble to a Pearl had a nice second at Laurel this past Wed. in a NW3 life contest on the luscious green lawn. Good to still have some turf options in late Oct.! And her big Brother Sy will try again this coming Wed. in a 3 other than, going 8 panels on the turf.
Congrats to our friend and breeding partner, Mr. George Strawbridge, on an amazing trifecta yesterday at Keeneland: 3 starters, 3 winners, with his beautiful Alphabet Soup filly, Fugitive Angel, taking the Valley View Stakes! That gave George his 8th grade stakes wins there, something only 15 other owners in history have done, receiving the famous gold tray!
And good luck today to hall of fame trainer Jonathan Sheppard, sending 8 horses to Far Hills, NJ for America's richest steeplechase day today, where there will be gorgeous weather and great crowds, too!
Happy racing to all you and yours, and may your exotics be plenty! :D