First Time Starter Is A Winner

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 am

Back from P Town to see my colt put his final prep in. Fired a bullet just breaking sticks. Cooled out fine. If he comes out of today's breeze in order we will enter tomorrow.
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:18 pm

So How did Show Off do?

rumple
Weanling

Postby rumple » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:55 am

Caught the race at Pleasanton and the horse didnt fire and came in last. Hope there was no injury and he just threw in a dud race.

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:21 am

He sure didn't fire. We scoped him and he was clean. He came down with a virus a few weeks ago and perhaps he wasn't up to the task so soon. He worked fantastic going into the race but.. The only other thing is this horse has not been comfortable since he broke his maiden and I think it's the jock so I believe we will change jocks. The kid put him into the clubhouse turn 5 wide yet again. He broke poorly again. The race came up tougher than we thought. They blazed three quarters in 9 and change; easily the fastest two turn three quarters of the meet and out in a mile and a sixteenth in 41 and change. I doubt the stakes horses will run much faster. Will see how he pulls up but I am drawing a line through this race.
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

Zahrah
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Zahrah » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Sorry to hear that. Here's to the next one!

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Just an update, I turned him out for a little R&R. Nothing wrong with him other than I think he is not mentally ready to move forward at this point and am hoping some time off will do the trick. He was getting progressively worked up shipping in on race day and in Post Parade so perhaps time will settle him down.

His full sister is in training and what a competitive character she is. She was galloping in company at the farm the other day and got so mad she attempted to cow kick the other horse in mid stride. It was hilarious but loved her mean streak..

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 am

Well the drought finally ended yesterday. This is the craziest horse I have ever owned. We put the great Russell Baze on him yesterday and he came home in front. Russell told us he thought he was going to win by 10 turning for home and just like clockwork he pulled himself up as soon as he got to the front. We had warned Russell about this and Russell kept busy with the stick to prevail. Never had a horse with more physical talent who just wants to follow his company; any company home..

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Wonderful Zinn ,sometimes you will win despite everything. Baze is the man I always wanted a win pic with but 3000 miles is a bit far to ship right now. Ask him if he could wait until about the sixteenth pole or even later. Silly me the Hall of Famer probably suggested that as he slid off the saddle.Well done.

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 am

Many, many congrats, Zinn. Sounds like your decision to give him a rest paid off handsomely. Hope we hear of many more successes.
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Congratulations!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....