Sizedoesnotmatter & Jumptoconclusions

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Sizedoesnotmatter & Jumptoconclusions

Postby Maureen » Mon May 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Both of our horses are in again at Fort Erie tomorrow, May 17.

On opening weekend, May 7 & 8, 'Size' had his season debut and placed, and 'Jump' ran her first race of the season, and also placed. It was so nice to be able to pay our training bills with earnings, and even have some left over for next month. :D

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Winner winner chicken dinner for Jumptoconclusions!!
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

zinn21 wrote:Winner winner chicken dinner for Jumptoconclusions!!

Congratulations Maureen!!!!!

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Tue May 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Thank you. It was great! We have had enough earnings already this month to pay for June and most of July!!!!! :D

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Wed May 18, 2011 4:38 am

Well Maureen that's great, a win at "The Fort" is always fun and especially early in the year to take the pressure off. Chris rode for me up there on opening day and his style has not changed in over 20 years,he looks great in a finish. I see that "Size" faded in his race but I am sure that Gary will get him straightened out. Well done!

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 am

wilf wrote:Well Maureen that's great, a win at "The Fort" is always fun and especially early in the year to take the pressure off. Chris rode for me up there on opening day and his style has not changed in over 20 years,he looks great in a finish. I see that "Size" faded in his race but I am sure that Gary will get him straightened out. Well done!

Brian said that Size absolutely HATED the slop, and just couldn't get a grip on the track, even though he'd been shod for it. Horse came back great though, so let's hope for this rain to clear up ASAP, we'll just forget this race, and see what the new condition book is offering.

The big mare is such a professional...she's one of those 'point and go' types. We bought her at the end of the season last year, wintered her at Jacquie's farm, and now we are going to have some fun with her!

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Fri May 20, 2011 10:09 am

Yay! Congrats Maureen :D
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Fri May 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Found out he blew a back shoe during the race, and took a bit of the hoof wall with it. Might explain why he suddenly started to back up, other than the nasty track.