Coquinerie in at Gulfstream tomorrow

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:57 pm

Thanks Ben and GH. I think she has a big year in store for me. Here's hoping. You know Ben, I always thought she'd be better off in Europe, but then again, the competition on the turf is so much better in Europe as well-- so maybe not!

Coquinerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Coquinerie » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:37 am

By the way, I think i'm going to send her to Headley when we bring her to Cali. Great horseman and someone who's opinion I respect greatly in the sport cannot say enough good things about him. That person also said that Coquie ran a huge race considering the lack of pace she had in front of her and that she probably would have won if she hadnt lugged in slightly at the end-- so here's hoping his opinion is a good one!!! lol

BenB
Sophomore Sire

coquinerie

Postby BenB » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:56 am

For more of the times 12 furlong races, started of at a rather low travelling
as there are not much horses, who are able to go from wire to wire, or from the gates to the wire leading right a way out off the stalls.
Normally speed is up from the begin of the last bench to the wire, so making it a kind of sprint from 5-6 furlongs.
Something else:
realize that more than 95% from the offspring of saddlers wells or descedants need cut in the ground. Only el prado could handle totally firm.

Ben