Looking for ARGENTINA Polo horse breeder, trainer, player...

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

oleos93
Allowance Winner

Looking for ARGENTINA Polo horse breeder, trainer, player...

Postby oleos93 » Thu May 12, 2005 12:21 am

I have a 15 year old TB Argentina mare that was shipped to California to play there. She was then Shipped to Canada, where I got her, and played Polo there for a few years.
I am trying to track down the breeder. She was bred and played by a high rated amateur polo player from Argentina(?) named Anthony Garcia. Does anyone know how I could track this breeder down?

Inyureye
Allowance Winner

Postby Inyureye » Tue May 17, 2005 7:27 am

If no one responds here (but you think there might be a response, wouldn't you...) you might call the polo clubs. I know the private club where I used to play, they would have known where to find him at the least, if not knew him themselves, they had ponies brought up from argentina now and again, to buy...but I'm not in touch with them anymore. If I was looking, I would call a couple of the clubs, myself - palm beach, myopia, what ever. Just a suggestion.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Wed May 18, 2005 6:08 pm

The Houston Polo Club is active in it's Spring/Summer season right now and last weekend was the Paella Fesitval which featured a bunch of Argentinian players in for the big event. Give the HPC office a call and see if anyone there knows your trainer - there is a very strong connection between HPC and the Argentinian polo players/breeders of ponies.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Wed May 18, 2005 7:08 pm

Here is a number for HPC - This should help get you started on your quest.

(713) 622-7300; or:

www.thehoustonpoloclub.com