Smooth Roler

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

bluejayjack
Suckling

Smooth Roler

Postby bluejayjack » Wed May 25, 2016 10:09 am

Hello Everyone - I always forget this memo board exists - shame on me.
I have tried for some time now to find out the status of Smooth Roller - he won the G1 Awesome Again stakes last fall to earn a spot in the Breeder's Cup against American Pharoah after only his 4th career start, but was scratched by the track vets the morning of the race for a tendon issue. I've not seen nor heard anything further about him since and have been trying to find out his status - was it filling in the tendon, a bowed tendon - career ending - or what? No workouts logged, he doesn't show up on the JC retired list, the pedigree site shows nothing on him here......just disappeared.

If anyone knows anything about him or a way to find out his status - I would appreciate it. I was incredibly interested in this horse after he won the Awesome Again stakes after only his 4th race ever.
thank you for any updates or ways I can find out more about his status (he is a gelding - so you always wonder and worry what happens to them).
Thanks!

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Re: Smooth Roler

Postby JimbleBrimble » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:53 am

Smooth Roller just worked-out at Del Mar a few days ago (which you probably already know).