Quakerism by Quaker Ridge 2001 liver chestnut gelding

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

CMF
Suckling

Quakerism by Quaker Ridge 2001 liver chestnut gelding

Postby CMF » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:29 am

This horse is living at my farm and when I asked his owner about his JC name, it rang a bell. I'm pretty sure I read a COTH thread years ago about someone looking for him but can't find it now. He's listed as whereabouts unknown on pedigreequery, but I've edited that information to allow room for some contact info. If anyone knows the person searching for him, please let them know so they can get in touch with me. He's very happy with life and has been showing in the level 3 jumpers and eq. His new owner would be happy to talk to anyone who knew him during his track days.

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm

CMF, I can find out who that person is. I was sent that message through the Exceller fund. This is really exciting news! It was a real longshot to ever find him again. I'll get back to you.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Here's the information from Sharon's post:

"I hope you don't mind me posting this in several locations - I just know that not everybody goes to the different forums.

I had mentioned this in another thread, but then thought what better place where tons of racing/thoroughbred industry people, fans come to than here to make as the main topic in hope of finding this thoroughbred I'm looking for.

I fell in love with Quakerism as a two year old at the Timonium sales (2003) where a pinhooker let me see him in his stall and he seemed to take to me. She had indicated he was sold and going to Florida. However, I put him in my virtual stable and he ended up in my own backyard at Laurel (I live in Ellicott City) and then Pimlico. He broke his maiden his second race and he reminded me of War Emblem in spirit and the way he would look all around on the track and in the paddock.

He finished fourth in a 25k race with Capac, once hoped to be a Derby contender. They started racing him every two weeks, though, and he went down in class. He was trained by John Robb and owned by Tulip Hill Farm. I gave a letter to Robb to give to the owners to let me know if they ever wanted to stop racing him/sell him as I would do my best to provide him a home through a friend's farm. Well, the last time I saw him race was in Timonium last September and he came in second. I have a picture of him in the winner's circle at Pimlico with Ryan Fogelsonger aboard during Preakness week last year as well.

After Timonium, he was transferred to Charles Town under Ronney Brown and he raced there twice but didn't seem to do as well there. Then I didn't get anything for him for months - he last raced in mid December. A friend of mine inquired to John Robb and he said he thought he was at Ronney's farm on a break or something. This year he was a four year old and hadn't raced yet - thought maybe he would start up again in January 2006.

Finally CANTER gave me a link to Ronney Brown's contact form and he finally recently got back to me saying he sold him over the summer and didn't know where he was. I have replied back and inquired further but haven't heard back from him yet. I'm just so worried he could have ended up in the wrong hands. If anyone can give me any information or knows anything, I would greatly appreciate it!!! CANTER did tell me he wasn't on any of the mixed sales lists at Charles Town.

I pray Quakerism is okay, but I'm fearful of the flip side. Thanks for your time!

Oh, is it possible to insert pictures if they are not posted on a website??? I have pictures of him - he is a dark liver chestnut, sometimes looked even a burgandy color with a blackish mane and tail and a white upside down clefted teardrop on his forehead. He kind of looks like he has black ticking in his fur, around his nose and eyes - beautiful. "

I just talked to Sharon on the phone. She is so excited! After three years of looking and worrying about him, it seems like she has found him in a good home. Thanks!! Please contact us right away.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

CMF
Suckling

Postby CMF » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:24 pm

I'm so glad you saw this and knew who was looking for him majxmom! I got your pm and an email from Sharon and she sounds so excited. I'll send her a response and Quakerism's owner's info. It sounds like she's been trying so hard to find him and has been worried sick. He really is a beautiful horse and I can see how someone fell in love with him (especially when he stretches his neck out and turns his head sideways looking for treats!). Thanks for putting us in touch. :wink: