Norway's Classics

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Norway's Classics

Postby Miesque1973 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:00 pm

I can't spell Norwei...Norwieg...Norweg...anyway...ugh...

Does anybody have the COMPLETE histories of Norway's classic races (Derby, Oaks, 1000 Guineas, 2000 Guineas, St. Leger)? I have tried & failed twice to get that info from a contact at the Norwe...er...Norway's Jockey Club, but as I don't speak the language, I can't seem to get info prior to the year 2000. Help!

I have already found Sweden's Derby winners (all posted at bloodlines.net, with considerable assistance from others), but any other full list of Scandinavian classic winners would be fabulous (I do have all of Denmark's classics in an Excel spreadsheet, but that's also slow going, as pedigrees are obscure at times). I'm a racing history/pedigree geekess, so the more work I can pile on myself to do while pretending to actually do my paying job is great.

I'm currently working on getting Turkey's classics posted at bloodlines.net, but Scandinavia's and Belgium's (and Holland's, for that matter) classics are two obsessions of mine and if I ever got all the lists all those winners, I'd be over the moon. All those names...all those obscure, impossible to find pedigrees! <swoons> Turkey's Gazi Derby is coming along nicely, by the way - I'm up to 1978...and it was first run in 1927! Wee! :)

Any assistance would be great.

~Miesque
Friends don't let friends vote for Democrats.

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:44 am

Hallo, Miesque
maybe I can help. here is the addres of the "Norway" Jockeyclub.

NORSK JOCKEYKLUB
Postboks 134, 1332 ØSTERAS
Tel : + 47 22 95 62 00 ; Fax : + 47 22 95 62 62
E-mail : [email protected]
Internet : http://www.ovrevoll.no

In the case of Holland/Belgium I would try to contact Erins Isle. She lives in this country.

Regards, Bettina

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:21 pm

I now have all the Norsk Derby winners! Many of the pedigrees are elusive, but I'll get there eventually, I'm sure - the Swedish Derby was just as difficult. I also received several winners of the Norsk Oaks, 1000 Guineas, 2000 Guineas and St. Leger, so progress is being made - I just don't have complete lists, and neither did my contact with the Norsk Jockey Club. As soon as I have the Norsk Derby completed, I will have it up at bloodlines.net.

~Miesque

cissiny
Yearling

Postby cissiny » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:31 am

Hi all,

It's an old thread, but if help is needed with Scandinavian horses and their results, I might be able to help? I'm Swedish, Danish and Norwegian is fairly similar so no problem with understanding that. There are some non-english databases here that I can check at least for the last 10-20 years? Mostly including all starts and all TB progeny?

Just let me know :)

Best wishes,
Cissi

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:24 pm

If you've got Norway's classic winners, that information would be vastly appreciated. Color/sex/sire/dam/broodmare sire information on those horses would be extremely useful!

Thanks,

~M