Can anyone help?

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

UCANDOIT
Suckling

Can anyone help?

Postby UCANDOIT » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am

Hello, I have lost track of two horses that I bred and raced a few years back. I don't if they show up on a death report and I wouldn't know how to pull up a report like that. The horses names are Song For Carina songandaprayer/Twilight Mirage and the other is MY Daddio Essence Of Dubai/Twilight Mirage. These two were claimed away, raced fro a while and vanished!

Thanks,
Ron
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals"

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 am

No death report has been filed with TJC for either horse.
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

UCANDOIT
Suckling

Help

Postby UCANDOIT » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks Roguelet!
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals"

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:32 pm

I don't know if you are just curious or if you are worried, but you can potentially provide a safety net for them by registering yourself with the JC as a person who needs to be contacted in case of retirement:

http://registry.jockeyclub.com/registry ... ectLanding

But I wouldn't wait for that miracle to happen if you are concerned. I would contact the last trainer and ask them what happened to the horse. Hours count when you are trying to locate a horse that has not had a training record lately. In this bad economy, you never know if a horse is laid up or if it is already on a truck to a horse dealer.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.