Australian and South African Triple Crowns

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Australian and South African Triple Crowns

Postby Miesque1973 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a Triple Crown series for fillies in Australia? I know the Triple Crown itself is the Randwick Guineas, Rosehill Guineas and AJC Australian Derby, but is there anything for the distaff side?

Also, if someone can figure out what races make up the South African Triple Crown series for colts and fillies, it would be greatly appreciated. I've sort of figured out what is for the colts, but the names of some of the races change around almost every year (or at least it looks that way when you're getting cross-eyed) and while I've kind of figured out the series for colts, the series for fillies is bewildering!

(Lists of the winners of those races would be equally wonderful)
Friends don't let friends vote for Democrats.

hurricane
Suckling

Re: Australian and South African Triple Crowns

Postby hurricane » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Hello

Have you looked at the Blue Book - Catalouging standards book. Available via www.international Federation of horseracing Authorities. When you click racing various headings will show up including the blue book and also various countries results. I believe the South African races for fillies are SA Oaks - run on 26th April last year and won by Ash Cloud; SA Fillies Classic run on March 29th and won by Athina and Cape Fillies Guineas run on December 6th and won by Majmu.

Have you looked at thoroughbredinternet.com it may help with some results. I am sure the Blue book will help with your Australian races.

HPM
Hilda Marshall