Information about my horse's pedigree

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Tyler
Newborn

Information about my horse's pedigree

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on my horse's pedigree. I had his tattoo researched (V01855) and it turns out his name is Sugar Draz,his dam is Carter's Magic and sire is Smile. I put his name into the database.

I got his pedigree & race history but do not know enough about the the industry. Can anyone know any information about his sire & dam? Or point me in the direction to decipher is track record, etc.

Even though I have been riding for 30+ years, this is the first time I have had a thoroughbred. He is the most wonderful. lovable beast!

Thank you,
Caryl

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:47 pm

Your horse's sire Smile (from the Matchem/Godolphin sire line through Man O'War, In Reality, etc., and the broodmare sire of Smarty Jones, incidentally) was a multiple graded stakes sprinter/miler who earned $1,664,027. He ran 2x in the Breeders Cup Sprint, placed in '85 & won it in '86. He produced Florida stakes winner What A Cooker with Sugar Draz's 2nd dam, What Majesty. Sugar Draz's dam, Carter's Magic had 2 foals that weren't in the db here - Magic Walker & Carter's Devil, both of whom I've added.

Hope you & Sugar Draz have many happy years together!

Tyler
Newborn

Thank you,

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:26 am

Thank you for the information, it is appreciated. Just trying to see what his history is to figure out why he does some things (my first OTTB). I have only had him for 8 months, but he is a special horse to me, like he was sent from heaven!

Are there any pictures of his sire or dam and where I can find any information on them - articles if any?

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:18 am

Tyler..try a google search of his name or his sire and dam and you maybe able to get more info and pictures

Glad he found a wonderful home as he sounds like a very nice horse

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

About your horse's race record:

Postby JimbleBrimble » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:01 pm

[b]Hi there,

If I were you I would contact the track photographer at Monmouth Park in New Jersey to go about acquiring a winner's circle photo from Sugar Draz's win there on August 1, 1995.

At that time you might inquire as to whom to contact to acquire a winner's circle photo from his debut win on March 30, 1995 at now defunct Garden State Park in New Jersey.

His dam, Carter's Magic, ran twice without winning or coming close, and thus it will be very tough to recover any pictures of her. She was foaled in 1987 and raced twice, at Belmont and Saratoga (NY), and trained by a man named Flint Schulhofer.

The most famous or significant pictures of your horse's sire would have been taken Nov. 1, 1986 as/after he won the Breeders' Cup Sprint at Santa Anita, California. He also won his first seven starts in succession and 14 of his 27 lifetime attempts.

I hope this helps in some small way.

~JB[/b]

ramchargergirl
Newborn

Need Help

Postby ramchargergirl » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:18 am

I have a three year old, and have no idea what his real name is, or any of his pedigree. He was given to me about a year ago, and all I know is that he used to race. He has a tattoo, but I have no idea where to go to research it. Do you, or anyone else know where I can look, to see where he came from?? Thank you for your time.[/code]

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:09 am

The Jockey Club will research the tattoo for you for $35. There is NO other way. If he is three his tattoo will start with will the letter F and the rest is the balance of his registration number. You're lucky, at least he has a tattoo and that in itself is proof of registration. Anyhow, you can contact them at www.jockeyclub.com. Good Luck.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....