Finding fotage/pictures

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Gem
Suckling

Finding fotage/pictures

Postby Gem » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:13 pm

Does any one know where i can obtain pictures and fotage of my ex-racehorse raceing in the UK (Going For Broke)?

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

some answers

Postby JimbleBrimble » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:58 pm

Well this should be interesting.

Your horse won two times in England, and I don't know what you could get from over there even if you made all of the right contacts.

(it might be just fine, just that I don't know ahead of time)

His first win was on January 1, 1997 at Southwell, England, going 1 mile on the turf (warning flash about the quality of turf racing in that country on January 1 of any year)

Second win was even more obscure. May 16, 1998 at "Bangor-on-Dee" England (don't ask).

That was in a steeplechase race over 2 miles and 1 furlong. Your now 11 year old horse liked those jumping races of 2 miles or more.

You need more help than we can give, but maybe we got you started with something.

Good luck, and maybe let us know if any results come of your searches for winner's circle ceremony photos from over there.

Gem
Suckling

Postby Gem » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:29 pm

Thanks for the info, but i'm in england so i know his raceing history (not all of it's on the net) . I've also found a site that might help some of you out

http://www.racetech.co.uk/photofinish.html

for finish line photos , and film fottage! hope someone finds it handy.
He won 9 time's and fell once , and had a novice rateing of 116 (whatever that means!) i found alot of this out on

www.racingpost.co.uk
The dog is man's best freind but the horse made history