Michael Anchel horse?

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

AJ
Suckling

Michael Anchel horse?

Postby AJ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:11 am

Hi everybody. I'm new here and not terribly knowledgable about racing. But I have two off track thoroughbreds who have become very successful hunter and dressage horses. I will always always always buy OTTBs!

That said, I have had one of Michael Anchel's horses for about 6 years now. Intrepid Air is a 1994 dark bay gelding that Mr. Anchel bred. He raced at Belmont in 1997. I would love to have race pictures or something, anything regarding this horse. He's now nicknamed BooBoo and is absolutely the love of my life. Can anybody help me find information on him? (I have his pedigree and info from equineline but that's it.)

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Re: Michael Anchel horse?

Postby Green Hills » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:18 am

AJ wrote:Hi everybody. I'm new here and not terribly knowledgable about racing. But I have two off track thoroughbreds who have become very successful hunter and dressage horses. I will always always always buy OTTBs!

That said, I have had one of Michael Anchel's horses for about 6 years now. Intrepid Air is a 1994 dark bay gelding that Mr. Anchel bred. He raced at Belmont in 1997. I would love to have race pictures or something, anything regarding this horse. He's now nicknamed BooBoo and is absolutely the love of my life. Can anybody help me find information on him? (I have his pedigree and info from equineline but that's it.)

Michael Anchel, owner of Treasure Hill Farm in Middletown

I live in Middletown, NY. Was your horse a NY bred? If so...check with the New York State Breeding and Racing Program...they keep good records and may have some stuff for you. For the record, Treasure Hill Farm has been sold and is no longer owned by Mr. Anchel according to my information (which could be wrong) but it is right up the road from my place, so I am quite familiar with it.

AJ
Suckling

Postby AJ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:21 am

Thanks. I will try the NY Bred site. I tried to contact Mr. Anchel directly, however, I am under the impression that he has/had a high volume operation and was not surprised when I got no reply.

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:31 am

AJ wrote:Thanks. I will try the NY Bred site. I tried to contact Mr. Anchel directly, however, I am under the impression that he has/had a high volume operation and was not surprised when I got no reply.

Just remember, sometimes (sacrilege, I know :shock: ) sites don't give you what you want and you have to pick up the telephone. :?

AJ
Suckling

Postby AJ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:37 am

What are they thinking? I don't even have a landline anymore! Pick up the phone.... :roll:
lol. I looked on there... but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or where to look.

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

info about your horse

Postby JimbleBrimble » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:50 pm

You want a picture from June 22, 1997 at Belmont Park, which was the day of Intrepid Air's only win in four starts.

Contact "NYRA.com" and touch base with the track photographer and ask how to obtain that photo from June 22, 1997 of Intrepid Air.

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:56 am

AJ wrote:What are they thinking? I don't even have a landline anymore! Pick up the phone.... :roll:
lol. I looked on there... but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or where to look.

Well until you know what it is you want to know...it's hard to tell you where to look. :)