LAST ONE FOALED :) Toccet filly PICTURES ADDED - Again!

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:33 pm

So sorry....she was beautiful.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:37 pm

My truest condolences on the loss of your beauty of a filly. I know the hole that they leave in one's soul and heart when they are taken far too soon. May she rest in peace and far enough away from McCaskill's teeth!
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 am

Thanks so much everyone. She will be missed very much.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:29 pm

clh: I just saw the colt you bred, McSuave, win the first race today at Charlestown, going away. He is a very good looking horse. Congratulations!

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Georgerz - I'll have to go look up that race and watch it! "Mick" was a terrific looking horse even as a baby. I'm so glad to know he is still good looking :). It is so nice to hear from people who see horses that you've bred run! Mick was one of the trio we had that summer that about killed us all here on the farm :). He was so big and strong, as you were leading him out to the paddock he'd take his neck and just turn it around or swing it and fling you (and that is saying alot since I'm 5'10"). Although truthfully he wasn't near as bad as Trace was (Suave/Laird's Honor colt) that year. Allou's Good Reward colt was a true gentleman compared to these two heathens. I remember Cowboy Mick was running through the field one day and decided he could jump the gate :shock: . He gave it a good try and ended up tangled inside the gate. He was so good he just sat down and waited on me and when I got there he looked at me as if to say "Geez mom, I really screwed up this time didn't I? Think you can help me out of THIS one?" He was so smart about how he untangled himself too. He was skinned up and bleeding and when I got him to the barn he stood stock still while I cold hosed him off. When the vet got there he was as good as gold while he got stitched up. I know he was thinking "Heck, I jumped the fence before, I thought the gate would be a piece of cake".

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face thinking about the boy :)! I hope for good things for his new owners now that he has figured out what winning is all about.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett