LAST ONE FOALED :) Toccet filly PICTURES ADDED - Again!

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri May 04, 2007 10:21 am

Roguelet wrote:
Skipitgirl wrote:Chrome Hoarder!

Actually, that would be a cute name... :wink:

I second that!
That's great!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri May 04, 2007 10:55 am

How about Puck?
(Toccet was named after a hockey player)

----Arrested Development

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Fri May 04, 2007 11:50 am

LMAO ! I love the names guys - will be great barn names but right now I don't "think" we'll name them ourselves, as they'll go to the sales hopefully in November - god willing and the creek don't rise! But she is out of a daughter of Seattle Slew and is a granddaughter of Easy Goer - can't we come up with something a little more regal than Puck or Chrome Hoarder (ROTFL) ......... I can hear the granddaughter now calling for Puck to come to her in the field and something entirely different coming out of that three year old little mouth :shock: Remember this is the grandchild that was spelling words at the AF museum :lol:

And like you S - I was so surprised when I finally saw picture of her - all I could think of was WOW - what a face - almost ghostly - I mean I've some post ponies with that much white but like Michael am not sure I've seen too many TB's although I'm sure they are out there - I just haven't seen them!

Cheryl
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:44 pm

do they still call it a white face?
and you're right...."Puck" is dangerous. Especially when it's so Hucking Hot. :lol:

----Arrested Development

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Fri May 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Chrome hoarder is just a name Ive been calling clh this year since she has cornered the market on it!

Here are some names I like

Gotta Lotta Bling
Toccet Fulla Bling
Catch My Bling
Bald N Beautiful
Easy on the Bling

and my absolute favorite

NO BLING NO FLING

I could do this all night, Ill stop now! :wink:

Tairaterces
Grade III Winner

Postby Tairaterces » Fri May 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Oh my gawd . . . . . . look at that face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm in love.

Congratulations Cheryl . . . . .

You have to promise to keep us updated on this one . . . . . she is beautiful. I want to follow this one's career . . . . . . . .

The last face I fell in love with was a weanling filly that sold at Tattersall's who was eventually named "My Typhoon", who recently won the Jenny Wiley S. @Kee.

Tairaterces
:wink:
"and Secretariat let no one down on the unforgettable afternoon of June 9, 1973, when he ran a hole in the wind"
~Bob Ehalt~

Avatar: Istabraq (Sadler's Wells x Betty's Secret by Secretariat) Champion Hurdler

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 am

Thanks Tairaterces: I think she's pretty too and am in total awe of her. Can't wait to get her home! She's still giving them fits at the farm in KY as well :lol:

I do need to come up some kind of barn name for the kids this year as last year we just called them by their stallion name but I'm pretty sure that wasn't too original and I hate calling them Allou 07, etc... that seems pretty impersonal.

When she comes home I'll get more updated pictures for everyone. Perhaps I'll just call her "Angel" but she sounds more like the "Devil" :)

C

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon May 07, 2007 7:34 pm

The farm manager sent me a few more pictures today so thought I'd share them - I think she's grown already!

[img][img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/cherhop/Allou_0712side23.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

Ruffian
Starters Handicap

Postby Ruffian » Mon May 07, 2007 8:29 pm

She is gorgeous congratulations!

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:09 am

Thanks for the pix updates. Beautiful! :wink: And mama looks so proud. 8)
Rocking H

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:59 am

How about Paleface?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 am

I am sure there are other photos of this filly posted under the racing thread (I think), but I thought I should update you folks on her as she was euthanized on 9/21/11 due to complications of colic at Ohio State Vet Clinic.

Slew's Night Moves aka Tallulah (her barn name) has been racing under our farm's name for the past two years and we were ready to retire her when the trainer called to say that she was ill. She was transferred to the clinic and efforts to save her were not successful. She was a great filly with tons of personality and will be greatly missed. Thus far, she is the only filly out of Allou (Allou's foal this year was a colt by Exchange Rate foaled in Saudi Arabia) thus far. She was cremated and will be sent back to our farm and will have a place of honor next to McCaskill. She won't be too close to McCaskill however, since McCaskill could not stand this filly and would bare her teeth and pin her ears anytime this filly came near her.

As most of you know this business is very rewarding but it is also very heartbreaking at times. This is one of the times when it totally sucks.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Oh clh I am so saddened to read this. I don't even know what to say except I am sorry that you lost another. Life has a way of testing our mettle in so many ways. Hugs to you.
Stacy

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 pm

:cry: :cry: So very sad to hear of your loss.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:45 pm

CLH: On a side note to those bad news, I noticed that the colt you bred, Not an Altar Boy, just won his second race, an allowance race. Congratulations on him, and so sorry for the loss of the filly.