Devil His Due

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Sunday Rider
Allowance Winner

Postby Sunday Rider » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:27 am

Did your mare foal yet??? I'm still waiting on my mare her cover date was March 23Rd......

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:12 pm

:D :D :D Birthday announcement!!

My beautiful mare, Metallica, had a rough delivery but after she saw what all that pushing made show up in her stall, she forgot all about it!

Monday morning, March 29, 2:20 am, a bay colored filly was born, she has the back left white bracelet like daddy Devil His Due has, and a roundish star with a thinner blaze down the face. Where these blazes are coming from, I don't know!

I hear she is quite the princess, and has the mousy brown coat, so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that when she sheds out she will be the dark bay, but with mom being a blood bay, I don't know...

Anyway, we are blessed to have her, I will be going to Lexington to see her in a couple weeks, and to meet the incredibly wonderful folks over at Margaux Farm, where Devil stands.

Now Mom gets a year off (I don't re-breed year after year) I would not want to be preggers all the time so I give the mare a break as well. This gives us time to see what new "hot" stallions are really hot or not also. Plus, there is a very special one running right now that we are waiting for him to retire...then I'll work on a date for the two of them!

Hope all of you are doing well, and have a great Easter weekend :)
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:05 am

Congratulations! Please post pictures for us when you get them. :)

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Terri!
Pictures...
Hows the baby doing.... Its true the black babies, like the picture of our foal and our gelding are born with a greyish black coat that they shed.
K