first homebred's first foal

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

reenci
Grade II Winner

first homebred's first foal

Postby reenci » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:47 pm

talk about exciting....i cant freaking wait ! it's like your first grandchild being born.....am i nut's or what? :roll: catina park is due to foal a utopia offspring feb. 24th.
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 am

reenci, don't get my hopes up like that! I thought you had some good news (and pictures) to share. :wink:

(Can you tell I'm impatient for mine too? :lol: )

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 pm

I thought it was born too! (HA) We're on the same page LB but I've got a lot longer to wait than anyone I think! We're not due until April :(
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:15 pm

sorry for the mixup....you know how there's many stories behind horse's ?....well catina park has one...my longtime best friend pat lupiani {20yrs+} always took the road trips with me to check out stallions first hand....we would take 2-3 trips a year going to different farms , just me and him and along the way talk about life in general, family, our kids, politics :roll: {we were both far apart on this}....well anyway's pat didn't own thoroughbred horse's but always wanted to...so when my first homebred{catina} had some success we had a ball....this horse never missed the board without a legit excuse in her life ! so when she injured herself by breaking a bone i retired her and decided to breed her. well patsy asked if he could go in as a partner . well we took another couple of road trips ...came up with UTOPIA as the sire ....so we are waiting and waiting.........april comes around this year....patsy is told by his doctor that he has lung cancer but its treatable....long story short...patsy died this past november :cry: ...he was looking forward to his second grandchilds birth in february..and catina's first foal and his first venture into the thoroughbred horse biz.....so you can understand why THIS FOAL is extra special to me.....god moves in strange way's.
Last edited by reenci on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:25 pm

when the time come's ,you can bet i will have some pic's for the board.

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Sorry for the loss of your friend. A true friendship is priceless, and the memories are forever.

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Great story and wouldn't it be something if that foal is a special one..

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:21 pm

at least thats the plan.... :wink:...were getting short....17 days to go. by the way his second granchild {patsys} was born 2/1/10.....and it was a colt....errr....boy! :D

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:51 pm

7 days late and counting...{pacing}....LOL

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:18 am

reenci wrote:7 days late and counting...{pacing}....LOL

We're 12 days late--and pacing--here. Best of luck to you and your mare! :)

Laurierace
Grade II Winner

Postby Laurierace » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 am

I have a maiden that was due on the 17th but she is up in PA so all I have to do is wait for the phone to ring. That would drive me nuts if I were foaling her out myself.

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:28 am

IT'S A FILLY! :lol: :D :D ....filly was born at night on the 2nd...will take some pic's soon and post them....best of luck to the rest of you!

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 am

Congrats! Yeh a filly!!!!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 am

Congratulations reenci! I can't wait to see pictures. :)

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 am

Congrats reenci :D I'm so happy for you! I'm also sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"