Foals on a roll!

News about mares getting ready to foal, new foals, foal naming, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Foals on a roll!

Postby Gerry » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:41 pm

Well finally we are starting foaling season...all it took was 8 inches of snow (been falling constantly since 6am) and me getting no sleep since I decided at the last minute to drive 4.5hrs to pick up a mare yesterday afternoon. I got home at 1am to find one mare close to foaling..she did foal at 4:30 a big beautiful filly but since she isnt mine I cant give out details except that mom and baby are doing wonderfully. So of course then I thought I could get some sleep only to find Pat C in mild labor and Girl Gone Wild also considering it :wink:

Here we are 14hrs later....since I am inside Pat C is probably foaling as I type and Girl will foal tonite. So lets go for 48 hrs of no sleep....I LOVE this time of year!!!! :lol: I swear after playing with the babies I am going to sleep for 24hrs, and put off breeding for a day..dont tell the studs!

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Somehow they know when it's the most inconvenient time to foal, don't they? I think they take bets among themselves... who can stress the owner out the most?

Congrats, and rest up... sounds like you'll need it! (Although I must say, I'm working on a good 3 months or so without a decent night's sleep, and after a while, you just get used to it...) Where's that yawning smiley?
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:20 pm

Gerry, maybe your ladies will foal before bedtime tonight just to thank you for all your help. :o
Rocking H