** SELLING FIVE BROODMARES..DISPERSAL.....make offers..

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

ballymoss
Yearling

** SELLING FIVE BROODMARES..DISPERSAL.....make offers..

Postby ballymoss » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:29 pm

**** DISPERSAL OF BROODMARE BAND *****

Complete dispersal of all my broodmares. I will post the names and you can look up the pedigrees right here on this site.

All are believed OPEN for this season but one. If you are serious about any, we should talk immediately.

I am a MOTIVATED SELLER, which means any reasonable offers takes them; I am not about to squeeze pennies on price at this point; I have spent way more on their upkeep than I can ever recoup.

Shipping extra; to be paid by the buyer. Can recommend a hauler if you need one in the Mid-Atlantic states area.

Some mares are located at Woodhull, NY (west of Corning, NY) and two will be going to Hagerstown, MD. shortly.

Strongly encourage you see them in person. Terms are CASH and carry for quick sale. Sorry, don't have photos; onsite inspection best anyway.

Here are the gals for sale:

TRI STAGE ROCKETTE(CAN), 1987, bay or brown
(STAGE DOOR JOHNNY x CORNISH PRINCE-DONNA II(Arg)

Sire was a champion, and has Donna II, a 2yo Argentinian champion under dam. Stage Door Johnny's influence lives on yet today thru various sires.

ALARM TOO LOUD, 1990, gray roan
(DARN THAT ALARM x SUNNY CLIME)

Bred to Adonis May 23, 2007, may be in foal, no guarantees
Note: she traces to Betty W.(GB) female family of Champion SW, DYLAN THOMAS-Ire, multiple G1 winner of six million dollars+; also family of Champion 2yo filly in Europe, QUEEN'S LOGIC-Ire, G1,etc.

HARVARD GAL, 1993, chestnut
(HARVARD MAN x STAGE DOOR JOHNNY)

co-bred by John Campo
bred speed over endurance, Swaps 3 x 4

MONTRACHET, 1995, chestnut
(SWORD DANCE-IRE x MENOCAL)

MISS BANNERETTE, 2002, bay
(PERSONAL FLAG x TWINING)

Off the track, never bred
Personal Flag mares are durable and desirable

I am getting out of the breeding end. There is a lot of pedigree power in these mares for the small/medium breeder to work with. See individual pedigrees for inbreeding, where applicable.

Prices start at a modest $600.

All prices are NEGOTIABLE. Would like to disperse the entire band in next 30 days, plenty of time to plan a mating to your favorite stallion.

If you want some great bloodlines, don't wait too long on these to get the one you really like.

REASON FOR SELLING:
I currently have a pair of 2yo fillies that I hope to race this year at Charles Town, etc. and will devote my efforts to them.

They are by
Run Softly x Verification and
Fred Astaire x Apalachee, a half sister to RESEARCHER who is off to a great start, a winner of three of his first four races, $40k+.

WILL SELL ALL TOGETHER AS A PACKAGE, IF SO DESIRED, or SEPARATELY. Your choice.

Note:
I have also advertised these for a classified which will appear on BLOOD-HORSE, starting the 19th, so if you are serious about any of these, you have a few days head start before the issue comes out and seen by a worldwide readership both in print and online in BLOOD-HORSE.

Reply by private mail if you have questions, need directions to farms, etc.

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:02 pm

I'd be interested in the Stage Door Johnny mare, but her last foal was in 2003. What's her reproductive status? She is listed as 2004-2006 no report received, and then aborted in 2007.

FancysMom
Yearling

Postby FancysMom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:40 pm

I might be interested in the Personal Flag mare - do you have any pics? Has she been bred?

ballymoss
Yearling

MONTRACHET is now removed from list.......sold

Postby ballymoss » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:49 am

the mare, MONTRACHET, has been taken