NEW FORUM GUIDELINES - please read before posting.

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Jessi P

NEW FORUM GUIDELINES - please read before posting.

Postby Jessi P » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 am

This is a buying and selling forum for posting of horses for sale or horses wanted ads only. Unlike the other forums, this forum is not a discussion forum. Think of our forum here as the classified section of your local newspaper or of the Bloodhorse magazine – not a place for your opinion of the merchandise, the advertising, or the poster. This forum is intended to allow members to confidently post horses & horse-related equipment for sale, or to place 'wanted to buy' ads for horses or horse-related equipment.

Because of the tendency to bash the horses that are posted here I have gotten several PMs from folks who want to post their horses for sale but are afraid to have their horse/picture/ ad torn to shreds by the posters here. That defeats the purpose of this forum. Because of this, we will be tightening up on what is allowed to be posted in response. Negative critiques are not welcome unless specifically asked for and will be considered sabotage of a sales ad. IOW if you don’t have something nice to say 1) keep your opinions to yourself or 2) take it to the appropriate discussion forum.

The sole goal of this forum is to provide a place for members to advertise with confidence.

Unfortunately, some members have used this forum to sabotage other members' ads to such a degree that the forum is losing its effectiveness for its intended purpose. If you feel the need to post negative commentary about merchandise listed on the Buying/Selling Forum, please post it elsewhere by starting a thread on the appropriate discussion forum - which could be anything from the Pedigree Analysis, Mating Advice, Horses In Need, even Off The Wall or the General Discussion forum.

If you post inappropriately your post WILL be edited as necessary.
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]

Shannon
Starters Handicap

Postby Shannon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:47 am

I would suggest that the moderators take away the option to post replies on this forum after the ad's have been placed. Really anyone interested can PM the poster for more info, effectively cutting off all options for discussion or "bashing" of ads. A local equine site I use has done this, and it is very effective as they were facing the same troubles as this forum does.
Perhaps adding a specific forum where ads for discussion CAN be posted would be worthwhile? I myself learn a lot from the discussions of these ads. There are a lot of good opinions out there, and insight as to why someone may see value, or why there IS value in a horse most of us see as only mediocre.
A woman needs 2 animals in her life-the horse of her dreams, and a jackass to pay for it!

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 am

We have discussed your suggestion Shannon but 1) we felt it would be helpful to keep the ability to reply open for interested parties to ask questions or offer comments and 2) we dont know if we have the capability to do that on this particular forum set up.

I cannot even count how many PMs I have gotten from people who have horses or horse equipment they want to post for sale but dont want their horses or other items negatively critiqued on the internet, torn apart or laughed at.

"General Discussion" is the most appropriate forum for discussing a noteworthy sales ad that are found online.

You are free to discuss things you like about a horse posted for sale here in it's thread (i.e. "Fappiano line horses make great event horses," "Malibu Moon throws some precocious runners," or "I had an Oh Say mare who was a great mother and took excellent care of her foal") but negative comments sabotage a sales ad and are not allowed. IOW, feel free to discuss but dont SABOTAGE a horse that has been posted for sale here.

If you want to discuss a sales ad that was NOT posted here do it in the General Discussion forum.

We're not really trying to be ultra strict here, we just want people to feel comfortable posting a horse for sale. In order to do that we as moderators had to draw up some new guidelines for the forum.

Hope this helps to clear things up.
Jessi P

330 383 1281

[email protected]