dash for cash own daughter

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Re:

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Jeff wrote:This is for a 2013 TB filly in honor of Sylvie's lifetime of kindness an generosity as evidenced by her giving this lovely mare a home. Saint Sylvie. Gonna be a big stakes filly :D

Getting close Sylvie, the filly I named in your honor just had a killer work-out at Golden Gate April 3rd, 4f in 47.6, the fasted work of 74 horses at that distance that day. I no longer own her, but exciting to see she's got speed, and will soon be starting a race.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Re: dash for cash own daughter

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Jeff I do not come here so often anymore. I keep tab on her and was wondering...Thank you for keeping me up to date.Keen,my DFC mare was euthanized last summer after we pulled 2 last embryos. She was really getting worst (she had 2 badly broken knees) and spent lots of time lying down, it was time to let her go. So now we have her 2 last foals ,both colts,born this year..one of them is her spitting image huge and gorgeous boy. I also have her 2 fillies that she gave me in 2014, they will be broke in fall...She rewarded us for rescuing her with such beautiful babies and she had a nice life in her last years. She was boarded at James Ranch in OK and cared for and pampered like a champion. Thank you again for your nice gesture and hope you enjoy racing and horses as much as I do for as long as you live.
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Re: dash for cash own daughter

Postby Jeff » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:50 am

Sylvie, you certainly did right by that mare, and you are a Saint for having given her a good home in her latter years.