talking to other people

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

talking to other people

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 pm

this has always amused me... how come handicappers are so illogical?

Every couple of weeks there will be a race where a horse is an overbet fav and he will go down, and you try to show one WhY the horse was overbet and they would rather curse you to hell then listen to you.. they are just fine concluding to say he had a bad race and continue to do the same thing over and over..

i'm of mind that EVERY race I loose i go back to see if I fucked up somewhere.. and usually I did. today handicapping the donn I forgot that daheer ran at the distances in graded stakes already and that a 4YO and up grade 1 race that has the fav who has not won a graded stakes around 2 turns... maybe should not be the fav. racereplays doesn't get Canadian tracks so when looking at his replays it just slipped my mind.

it's better than saying "well he had a bad race" every time you loose. handicapping, to be a good one, acknowledges that you are going to be wrong oh about 2/3rds of the time, give or take/.... are all of thoose looses BAD RACES? or BAD BETS?

this is one of the few places where you can get and give constructive critisism and I like it. i've actually learned a thing or two here.. you never stop learning no matter how good or smart you are at something.
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:53 pm

you can get Woodbine on Calracing.com
too weird to live...too rare to die
www.ascotstudfarm.com

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:58 pm

damn... calracing is the shit. thanks!