China Doll Stakes

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Shergar
Starters Handicap

China Doll Stakes

Postby Shergar » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:25 am

HUTI is going to return to the scene of his only triumph and plump for Gorgeous Goose again.

9-5 on the M/L so no big surprise here.

The Goose should easily run down the early speed, (Czechers) and get her second stakes win.

Miss Fremont, Sweeter Still or Czechers should fill out the exacta.

Least that is the way I see it. Or HUTI sees it.

All the best, Shergar

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:31 pm

hi Shergar

Gorgeous Goose carried the highweight (119)...and was carried 5 wide (by the horse inside of her) turning for home.

Despite that...GG stayed game, loomed large as she straightened out for her stretch run...but came up a length and a half short of winning it all.

If she had the perfect trip (as the winner did) I sense she likely would have won the race despite being the highweight...being carried (with contact) 5 wide....plus not having raced since Dec 30/07.

But she did carry the highweight...was carried 5 wide (with contact)...and hadn't raced in 2 months.

All things considered...maybe this race will set her up for a big spring campaign...and I wouldn't be surprised to see her loaded for bear if she runs back in 4 or 5 weeks.

I sense that Gorgeous Goose has big-time potential, and might prove to be special.

Respectfully

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi FOS:

I reckon the goose can't win every time. :(

I haven't watched a replay of the race, so I can't comment on her performance. At the moment, just have the live race in my mind. Tmw., when I am up to it, I will take a gander at the replay on Calracing.

I have a lot of egg on my face as I dumped a bunch of money on the Goose and Awesome Gem in the SAH.

Right now HUTi is licking his wounds again.

All the Best, Shergar

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Well I have a lot of egg on my face because I didn't dump a bunch of money on Heatseeker.

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:53 pm

geowarrior wrote:Well I have a lot of egg on my face because I didn't dump a bunch of money on Heatseeker.

Well, Geowarrior:

I have MORE egg on my face. I dumped a bunch of $$$ on G. Goose in the China Doll, and another pile on Awesome Gem in the SAH. (My other choice was Tiago!!. (So any way you look at it I was screwed.)

What really sucks is I liked Col. John in the Sham, Bai and Bai in the Foster City H., and Nistles Crunch in an Alw. the race before the G.P. Hcp. Of course, all of the above were winners, and I didn't have a dime on them!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, Damn.

One of those days where I got behind early and should have just walked away. Of course, I was working on HUTI and didn't walk away till my pockets were empty.

Oh well, Tmw. is anothe day,

All the best, Shergar

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:34 am

Maybe we could have an egg on face competition! Remind me what HUTI is again, I have a terrible memory for acronyms.

That's why I like all the free competitions, I don't have money to lose betting and I'm not the best of handicappers.

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:37 pm

geowarrior wrote:Maybe we could have an egg on face competition! Remind me what HUTI is again, I have a terrible memory for acronyms.

That's why I like all the free competitions, I don't have money to lose betting and I'm not the best of handicappers.

HUTI=Handicapping under the influence.

After yesterday, I feel as if I am the worst handicapper in the world.

Shergar

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Have another wee nip of influence, it will make you feel better.