Let the Games Begin!

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Whirlaway

Well, like I said he did not pay a lot of money, but it beats tearing up the tickets. Score 1 win with a paltry ROI of $1.80. Sure hope the odds improve next week.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:26 pm

DDT,

I did get to see the video replay of the race and congratulations on your first victory in the Games.

To Honor and Serve looked like a pretty nice horse - got solid fractions and for the most part, was unmatched. He appeared to like the track and was just bouncing along . . . Nice ride by Johnny V. NO doubt we will see THAS again. It would have been interesting to see some speed up front, but it didn't develop. Bandbox couldn't play any music today, got into some traffic and clipped heels early - got back in it, but was no match for the winner. Hard to say if the early traffic had any effect on his performance. We'll get em' next time out.

Score 1 for DDT with an ROI of $ 1.80. Looking forward to next week.

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. - William O. Douglas
~
It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships, that they give credibility to the opinions they attack. - Voltaire

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Whirlaway

Yes it did look pretty easy for To Honor and Serve although he did have some pressure early it was his third win in a row where the chart says he was hand ridden, so he just might be able to run a little faster if called upon. I like him a lot and I have always admired Billy Mott. I met him a couple of years ago at Delaware Park and he was very down to earth.

Looking forward to next week.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 am

From comments made by others, Mott is an outstanding trainer and a good man. It was good to see him win the Belmont Stakes w/Drosselmeyer and winning the Remsen and the $120k in graded earnings has To Honor and Serve pointed towards the Big Dance.

With respect to the early pressure, the chart had him leading by one length through 6fl - I don't know if he was pressured all that much. I'd have liked Buffum right there at his side, applying some REAL pressure - maybe a 23.1 first and a 46.1 second . . . Nevertheless he cut some decent fractions and the six in 1:11 was nice - I understand there was a speed bias, hard to tell what part that played in this victory, but a good race nonetheless.

For the record for these Games (correct me if I am wrong) To Honor and Serve went off as the favorite at 3/5. A $2 win bet paid $3.20; $2 place bet paid $ 2.50; $2 show bet paid $ 2.10.
~
LET THE GAMES CONTINUE !
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. - William O. Douglas

~

It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships, that they give credibility to the opinions they attack. - Voltaire

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:31 am

Whirlaway

I have an article posted on pedigreepost.net and I did not say anything about it because it is kind of self-published. I had to submit it but I think they will print just about anything. At any rate, I have recently become aware of new data on the subject and plan to update it very soon. The article is called "Is the X-factor the Answer" and can be accessed either under articles or authors (D. William Davidge), so if you are interested take a look at it.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:06 pm

DDT,

I did go to http://www.pedigreepost.net/authors.html and clicked on the article, but nothing comes up. I tried it a couple of times and still nothing . . .

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Whirlaway

Bring up pedigreepost.net go to the home page, on the left hand side there is place where archives is listed, click that and scroll down to the name of the article and click it on, I just did and it is there.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Georgerz,

You are still welcome to join the Games! It would be nice to have a third handicapper.

~

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Thank you very much for the offer. I am a lousy handicapper, anyone I pick is bound to finish up the track. I was hoping that BDW would join. I like his handicapping skills a lot.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Georgerz

Whirlaway

Okay, I will start over on Saturday, now if anybody else wants in, fine, bdw is welcome here, as well as anybody else, but we have to start soon or we will be talking smack about the Kentucky Derby before we know it, ok? Are we in agreement?

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:04 am

NO, please keep the points and earnings DDT and lets keep it as it is - the Games are the Games, the horse you chose won and there was a wager. If no one chooses to enter by this Saturday at noon, we can close the invitation then.

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Whirlaway

The race this week is the 11th from Calder, the G3 Tropical Turf Handicap with a full field with Zenyatta's half brother by Giant's Causeway on the also list. I like Biancone's horse Never on Sunday, he will break from number 3 and I think he is the class of this field. I like Mott's horse and both of Marty Wolfson's horses look like they belong, but Never on Sunday is a GR1 winner in France and comes out of a G1 race in New York and that turf was yielding and he may not have liked it. This horse has been running against some heavy hitters and looks ready to roll. He might end up being the favorite in this. $2.00 across the board on number 3, Never on Sunday.

Good luck.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:04 pm

DDT,

The race this week is the 11th from Calder, the G3 Tropical Turf Handicap with a full field. Never on Sunday looks like the class of the field; gets a drop in distance; shows nice works and appears ready for his best effort. Gotta watch out for Biancone here, might have a snake in the grass. I also like Never on Sunday to win this one.

In the spirit of the games, I'll get off NOS and take Rahystrada. I don't believe he matches up in class to NOS but he appears to be a class fit doing well in the G2 Dixie, the G3 Arlington H and the G1 Arlington Million - his fractional splits are comparable, his Tomlinson ratings are superior. He took some time off, has fresh legs, the last race appears to be a tuner for this one, he shows a nice bullet work - he looks set to run his best race. $ 2 across the board on the 9 horse, Rahystrada.

Best of racing luck

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Whirlaway

I posted a very similar post to you just before you sent yours to me, at any rate in the spirit of the games I am getting off Never on Sunday and changing my wager to Billy Mott's horse, #5 Midnight Mischief. So, my bet is $2.00 across the board on #5 Midnight Mischief. As I said in my earlier post I do believe Biancone's horse is the one to beat, snake venom or not, but Calder turf races are all about position, and if he is not in position early he could be left out in the cold. Midnight Mischief looks ready to go.

Good luck

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Good you and I have the same spirit in these Games!

Nice pick w/the five horse - that is a Mott trainee and Mott is hot - you had him last week no gettin' off him now. Will he get the Remsen and the Tropical Turf Handicap? With respect to position and as you surely know, they start em' at the far turn, angle em' through the infield and they come onto the main track just prior to the first turn - gonna be tight quarters at that angle coming onto the main track . . .

In my handicapping analysis I had the 3, 5, 9 and 10. When I sorted them out I took the nine. It's gonna be a good one!

3,5,9,10 Superbox

~