Let the Games Begin!

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Whirlaway

The race this week will be the 6th race at Aqueduct on Saturday December 18, 2010. I like number 7 Bombaguia. He has had two even races and comes in off of a very nice work. I like his trainer and I think he is ready to go. My bet is $100.00 across the board on number 7 Bombaquia, total wager $300.00.

Good luck

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:50 am

If you're game for another one, here it is, if not disregard this post. http://horseracing.about.com/od/racedayinfo/a/aafree-pps.htm. Go to Bob Baffert PPs>Saturday, December 18>Hollywod Park Race 6

6½ Furlongs. Mdn 38k Purse $38,000 (plus $11,400 CBOIF - California Bred Owner Fund) FOR MAIDENS, TWO YEARS OLD. Weight, 120 lbs. (Horses Which Have Started For $40,000 Or Less In Their Last 3 Starts Least Preferred).

Nice group of two-year-olds here.

$ 25 WP on # 3 Eric the Ram
Class fit; distance fit; goes from post eight to post three; good effort in last two; could throttle back and get this group.
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. - William O. Douglas
~
It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships, that they give credibility to the opinions they attack. - Voltaire

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:43 am

Whirlaway

I was born game. The 6th at Hollywood on Saturday 18 December. I like the first timer #4 Foreboding, this is a Tiznow full brother to a very nice horse. He gets Gomez, and although Eoin Harty also trains the #5 Arousal who beat your horse both times he faced him and looks really good in here, I will go with $60.00 across the board on the #4 Foreboding. So I have a total of $300.00 on the original wager and now an additional $180.00 on this race. At this rate, and if I keep taking the bait, I will be out of money soon.

Good luck.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 pm

DDT,

Nothing like a game horse player.

Kinda reminds me of the two horses I've chosen this week - game.
~
NO doubt you've noticed both races this week are Maidens at different distances - anything can happen and as you know, some may be in the race for experience. Indeed you've made substantial bets this week, so it'll be interesting to see if you take a hit or make a substantial gain - only time and the odds will tell. Should you crash and burn before the first Saturday in May, which I doubt, we can agree to do a one time supplemental.

I don't see where Arousal and Eric the Ram raced each other. Nevertheless, I expect a game performance from Eric the Ram - considering the competition they've got to be all in on this one.
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. - William O. Douglas

~

It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships, that they give credibility to the opinions they attack. - Voltaire

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Whirlaway

Arousal ran against Eric the Ram on 18 October 2010 and 13 November 2010 he finished 3rd in both races and Eric the Ram ran fourth in both races. The comment about me running out of money was meant as a joke and I don't think I will need any supplemental contest. It goes without saying that I do not intend to get beat like a red headed step child either.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:17 am

I do see now where Eric the Ram ran second to Arousal. As I'm a gettin' a little long in the tooth, my thine eyes must be goin' bad on me. Nevertheless, I'll stick w/Eric the Ram in this one. I expect a gallant effort.
~
At this time I will modify my bets. I will change both $ 25.00 WP bets to $ 50.00 W bets.
~
Here is another one if you've still got game. http://horseracing.about.com/od/racedayinfo/a/aafree-pps.htm. >Kiaran McLaughlin PPs>Saturday December, 18>Aqueduct Race 4
5½ Furlongs. (Inner Dirt). ‘Mdn 40k Purse $40,000 INNER DIRT FOR MAIDENS, TWO YEARS OLD FOALED IN NEW YORK STATE AND APPROVED BY THE NEW YORK
STATE-BRED REGISTRY. Weight, 120 lbs .

Should you need additional time we can waive the 12:00 deadline.

$ 50.00 W on # 9 Dr. Disco - He can dance.
$ 5.00 W on # 10 Old Guys Rule Long shot bet. This one would be no surprise.

Best of racing luck

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 am

Whirlaway

First, you now have $50.00 to win on #5 Cross the Line and $5.00 to win on your long shot #9 Distorted Appeal, then you have $50.00 to win on #3 Eric the Ram, and now you have $50.00 to win on #9 Dr Disco and $5.00 to win on your long shot, #10 Old Guys Rule, for a total of three races and $160.00.

I like #7 Southbeachsandy and will wager $20.00 across, WPS, for a total of $60.00. My total amount wagered for the three races is $540.00.

Second, I would like to add one final race, the 9th at Hollywood the Cash Call Futurity. I will wager $60.00 to win on #3 Rustler Hustler, for a total of 4 races and $600.00 wagered.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:24 am

"First, you now have $50.00 to win on #5 Cross the Line and $5.00 to win on your long shot #9 Distorted Appeal, then you have $50.00 to win on #3 Eric the Ram, and now you have $50.00 to win on #9 Dr Disco and $5.00 to win on your long shot, #10 Old Guys Rule, for a total of three races and $160.00."

Correct and agreed.
~
I don't want to push this envelope any further, those three are plenty for me. I'll stay with what I've bet thus far and see how they shake out - maybe four bets next week. I will not be making a bet on the Cash Call Futurity.

THE GAMES CONTINUE :!: :!:

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:32 am

Whirlaway

Okay, so bet this #3 horse Rustler Hustler for real, I don't think Dutrow shipped him out to California unless he feels the horse can win. Ramon is flying in to ride, so that only tells me old Ricky is not playing around here, he wants the money. You might even get a pretty good price with this horse, I doubt it, but maybe 4-1 or higher. Ramon gets the money late, that's how I see it.

Good luck to you and have a fine day.

DDT
Last edited by DDT on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Whirlaway

Pretty close so far, I have it like so:

Whirlaway

First 3 weeks one horse finished 3rd = 1 point

Total wagered $20.00 Total collected $.60 for at total profit of -19.40

DDT

First 3 weeks two winners = 10 points

Total wagered $20.00 Total collected $17.60 for a total profit of - $2.60

Week 4

Whirlaway

week 4 two winners = 10 points (total points 11)

Total wagered $110.00 Total collected $350.00 for a total profit of $240.00 - $19.40 carried over from week 3 and your profit so far is
$220.60. Wagered $50.00 to win on #3 Eric the Ram, ran out of the money which means you have 11 points and a total profit of $170.60.

DDT

week 4 one 2nd and one 3rd = 4 points (total points 14)

Total wagered $360.00 Total collected $268.00 for a total profit of
-$92.00 - $2.60 carried over from week 3 and my profit so far is
-$94.60. Wagered $180.00 WPS on #4 Foreboding, ran out of the money which means I have 14 points and a total profit of - $274.60

Do you agree with the numbers?

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Correct and agreed.
~
Always fun to bet the two-year-olds.

I was disappointed w/Eric the Ram as he showed the distance in good time. Interesting they ran the race in the same time but he finished 5th. He did bobble at the start but he was outclassed and beaten by a better trainer and stable.
~
Crossed the Line ran a good race four wide throughout and drew clear late, overcame speed bias. Should improve next out.
~
Dr. Disco ran a good race wire to wire, over came outside post and got the lead on a speed bias, don't know if he saw the whip. Should improve next out.

Looking forward to next week.

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE :!:

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Whirlaway

Yes, congrats on a good week 4, so our banks are Whirlaway $1,370.60 and DDT $925.40.

I thought my first timers would run better, but I will be sure to look for at least one difficult race for week 5, I will get you the info by Friday. Have a great week, and I will have to work harder to catch up.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:46 am

Thanks.

There is still a long way to go in this one . . .

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:07 am

Whirlaway

Because Christmas is Saturday and not a lot of tracks will be running, how about we do Friday December 24 instead, let me know so I can give you time to handicap the race(s).

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Friday is good.

~