Bluegrass Stakes

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Bluegrass Stakes

Postby Bill from WA » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:12 pm

I think this a really interesting race. Hansen appears to be the class of this field. He's a very fast horse that probably doesn't need the lead. Plenty of other speed in the race, so I'm going to try and beat Hansen with Howe Great. Howe Great seems to be a very tractable type, with enough criusing speed to lay close to the pace. His pedigree indicates that he should like the surface. The distance of the race would be, in my opinion, at about his maximum capability. Great connections, and a smart jockey, he has a strong shot at pulling the upset. I'm playing him to win, and my exotics will include, #3 Prospective, #4 Hansen, #6 Dullahan, #10 Howe Great, #11 Ever So Lucky, and #13 Scatman in various combinations.
Good luck to all.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

siegy
Allowance Winner

Re: Bluegrass Stakes

Postby siegy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Bill from WA wrote:I think this a really interesting race. Hansen appears to be the class of this field. He's a very fast horse that probably doesn't need the lead. Plenty of other speed in the race, so I'm going to try and beat Hansen with Howe Great. Howe Great seems to be a very tractable type, with enough criusing speed to lay close to the pace. His pedigree indicates that he should like the surface. The distance of the race would be, in my opinion, at about his maximum capability. Great connections, and a smart jockey, he has a strong shot at pulling the upset. I'm playing him to win, and my exotics will include, #3 Prospective, #4 Hansen, #6 Dullahan, #10 Howe Great, #11 Ever So Lucky, and #13 Scatman in various combinations.
Good luck to all.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Caution...it is Fri the 13th...stick with you Nostradamus pridiction for next week!

Good Luck,

Siegy,
Flora is beginning of biology, chemistry is master.

Hotwalker
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Hotwalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:59 pm

There's enough pace in this race to think it will set up for someone coming off of it. Especially on artificial with no dirt flying up. Unless Hansen just runs off with it, I like Prospective to wear down the leaders in the final half furlong.