The GR I Arkansas Derby

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Re: The GR I Arkansas Derby

Postby TJ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:35 am

dublino wrote:Pharaoh did what we all knew he can do, Storm Cat on the dam worries me.

Mubta Mootah... Mike de Kocks horse is exciting, how will he train?

Materiality also looks a good un also but has a 10lb penalty being trained by Pletcher any other race than the derby being trained by pletcher usually is an advantage.

Most exciting Derby in a long time.

Ramsey's are there with International Star, can't have Carpe Diem, more storm cat.

Hi Dub,
Yes, there are some real nice horses bucking the Storm Cat thing this season. Materiality will also have to overcome the curse of Apollo....he's in the same boat as Verazzano was, but this one has proven distance ability? When I start my handicapping process I think I will have to break it down, with Storm Cat, without Storm Cat, with Apollo, without Apollo, with Raise A Native, without Raise A Native, with triple digit beyers, without triple digit beyers, with dosage index over 4.00, with dosage index under 4.00, with Mubtaahij, without Mubtaahij.....this is going to be the greatest Derby in years and it will also be the toughest to handicap. Ya know what, forget this....I'm going to Bingo on the first Saturday in May:>) TJ

TJ
Darley line

Re: The GR I Arkansas Derby

Postby TJ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:52 am

American Pharoah received a 105 beyer for his effort, over the same track Race Day was awarded a 110 at the same distance four races earlier. Here's the replay. TJ
http://www1.drf.com/displayVideo.do?tra ... ountry=USA