McCraken Returns

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Re: McCraken Returns

Postby TJ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Cree wrote:Timeline has a cut, let's hope it's nothing too serious.
http://www.drf.com/news/timeline-suffer ... us-triumph

Battle of Midway is a horse I am looking forward to. He's shown he's got a lot of talent and is still developing.

The next half of the 3-year-old season should be interesting to see if one of them rises to the top.

Hi Cree,
I have to watch the replay....I didn't think they got close enough to Timeline during the running to step on him. Had to be out of the gate? He got a pretty good number today...99 beyer. McCraken got a 93 yesterday at the same distance?
Battle Of Midway is on my radar also. He worked 3/4's in 1:11 the other day and Hollendorfer knows his way around a good horse. Hopefully we'll see him Saturday...he's actually nominated to both the Affirmed and the Ohio Derby running this Saturday...but he is supposed to stay home and run in the Affirmed? TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 am

I'd expect Hollendorfer to keep him home for the Affirmed, unless the Ohio Derby has a higher purse? He seems to prefer staying put unless the money is a lot better.

Aug27
Allowance Winner

Postby Aug27 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 pm

I would not be surprised to see Battle of Midway emerge as the star of the second half of 2017 ...
His Santa Anita and Kentucky Derby runs were both excellent, and his trainer and jockey are up there with the absolute best in the business, IMO.