RHF's new Mystery Colored TB Stallion

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Nope. To my knowledge not one verified chimera has produced a brindle. Although there are some genetic brindles that don't test as chimera and pass the brindle on.

As far as Catch a Bird... it is suspected his chimeric "twin" was a new roan mutation. Apparently some of his sperm cells carried the mutation on. I think his case was purely luck.

RiddleMeThis
Allowance Winner

Postby RiddleMeThis » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:59 pm

TrueColours wrote:Oh yes - remember Catch A Bird well ... but through his chimerism he DID produce some verifiable "real" roan TB's as well, even though the JC insisted that "roans dont exist in the TB breed" ... :roll:

But arent there some AQHA chimera stallions that ARE producing 50% chimera offspring?
No. There are BRINDLES reproducing their coloring, but not all brindles are Chimeras, and the ones that aren't chimeric are the ones producing their patterns.
Check out my Equine Genetics blog! Updated April 25th with Splashed White!!!
http://equinegenetics.blogspot.com/

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:02 pm

No. There are BRINDLES reproducing their coloring, but not all brindles are Chimeras, and the ones that aren't chimeric are the ones producing their patterns.

Gotcha. I didnt know there was a difference within the chimera pattern ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:04 pm

RiddleMeThis
Allowance Winner

Postby RiddleMeThis » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Both Salsa, and Dunbars Gold are confirmed Chimeras, so they will not reproduce their pattern. I'm not sure if Reckless Dan was or was not proven Chimeric.

Heres a better Brindle website http://www.brindlehorses.com/brindlehos/index.htm

Including a table of Brindles
http://www.brindlehorses.com/brinslides/table.htm

And a family tree/line of the producing Brindles
http://www.brindlehorses.com/battyatty/ ... webped.htm
Check out my Equine Genetics blog! Updated April 25th with Splashed White!!!

http://equinegenetics.blogspot.com/

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Thank you! My red dun QH mare PEPPY DOC KINGS GIRL has a long burnt red distinctive brindle line going all the way down her right hip. Mybe I should keep her and get some semen from a brindle QH stallion?? That would be fun!!

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Image IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY......

HHImage

SpecialEffects
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SpecialEffects » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Uh yeah... what HH said! :lol:

Congratulations Caroline, that is probably the wildest looking TB yet!

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:11 am

He is so cool! I love his double DNA factor!

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 am

Dear CC Family,

Please don't hate me for I have sinned, and my husband Harry made me do it! My husband has seen me typing on the CC before and I told him that it was a chat forum talking about different colored TB's! Of course he laughed at me!

My confession is............That Harry put me up to saying that this stallion is a TB. He thought it would be funny to get all the CC folks all excited about this .......... well I won't say what he said this horse looked like, but anyways................. here are the facts!!

I have been driving past this horse for years about 20 miles from RHF.
I have been too busy and had no camera with me until today, I had to get to the bottom of it and get information that I thought the horse color world of every breed would appreciate, and maybe come to understand how others like this come about! As you know some horses like this in the past have come with no pedigree, this one does!

When I finally stopped and asked his fairly young male owner who works for a lavish vet in Franklin, TN, that this horse had been possessing me for several years and I had to find the owner and the "scoop" on this horse, he laughed, and said you and everyone else!

He walked me to his truck at the clinic where the stallion resides and pulled out his registration papers. He is registered with APHA # 311,913. He is a 1995 stallion of about 15hands, registered as a sorrel overo. his name is: STETSONS MR BLUE and here is his very interesting pedigree!
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/stetsons+mr+blue

He has only sired a handful of foals, but has never reproduced himself :cry: He has produced black/white, brown/white, black medicine hat, and sorrel/white. He is owned by Mr. Brian Blackman of Shelbyville, TN. His ex-wife always wanted him to geld Stetson, but Brian new he was more special than that and never did and never will.

I encouraged him to get his DNA tested, and told him that I would help him get the Kits. I told him Stetson deserves to be "figured out" and published somewhere with the facts, so I am hopefull we will be getting this done.

Well that is RHF's interesting horse joke to bring in the New Year with. We hope you all enjoyed the thought of him being TB, if even for a few hours! I have to believe their are more out there just like him in every horse breed including TB's. Let's just hope folks continue to bring their "finds" into the light, for the whole world to see, they are truely colored gifts!!
:D
Last edited by reedhill on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:04 am

By the way, he goes back to TB's.........
Last edited by reedhill on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:30 am

Well, if this case is not a Thoroughbred I understand :D yet anyway its a very interesting case! I encourage to DNA him.

Desert Oasis Sporthorses
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Desert Oasis Sporthorses » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:14 am

RHF. You are such a NUT!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!! Thanks for bringing in the New Year with a smile and thoughts about the future!!!!!
Kim S. Leavitt
Desert Oasis Sporthorses
Proudly Standing Airdrie Apache, Bright White and Crusov Fox

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 pm

You should have posted this thread on Dec 28, it is the "Innocent's Day" or "April Fools Day" in the Hispanic Countries.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:42 pm

:lol: Maybe now all of the CC members can call 12-31........
"FACT or FICTION DAY" and the rest of us can vote! :idea: